CJohn

Furious 7 Weekend Numbers: Revised Official Estimate - 146.5M (Sunday underestimated) | Official OS Estimate - 240.4M

With deadline and Rth numbers we have now a big range of 44-48m.

So.... worst case:

Fri: 67.3

Sat: 44

Sun: 27 (-39%)

Total: 138m weeknd

Best case:

Fri: 67.3

Sat: 48

Sun: 31 (-35%)

Total: 146m weeknd

But I am inclined to believe Rth more and will go with the higher end of the range.

1 Marvel's The Avengers BV $69,557,990 

2 Iron Man 3 BV $62,273,218 

3 The Hunger Games: Catching Fire LGF $52,619,106  

4 Spider-Man 3 Sony $51,336,732 

5 The Hunger Games LGF $50,394,419 

6 The Dark Knight WB $47,650,240 

7 Shrek the Third P/DW $47,077,497

Who would have ever thought a Fast and Furious film would rank highly on a All time Saturday grosses? 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

Oh, we've had a Transformers-Discussion. There's one thing i'd like to add.

II love the first movie, it's perfect fun, and while I don't think it needs an oscar, as it doesn't represent the acadamy, i'm still epicly pissed, that Steve Jablonsky didn't get a nom for his beautiful soundtrack.

Looking back at the winner and the other noms and taking into account, that the Transformers soundtrack became part of the modern popculture, it's quite sad.

But well, maybe i'm wrong, but I don't care. I think Jablonsky is a great composer, and "My name is Lincoln" from "The Island" is still one of my all time pieces of music.

• Like 1

There is no corelation between these 2 movies. F7 had a very good reason to increase. AOU doesn't have that.

The only correlation is if you release well hyped  good looking franchise sequels, people will watch them. 

• Like 1

The only correlation is if you release well hyped  good looking franchise sequels, people will watch them. 

Yeah, but that is not the reason for F7's huge increase. I never said TA2 wont be huge, but saying it's locked for 200M OW because F7 made 150M on OW doesnt make any sense.

• Like 6

WTF TELE. YOU LITERALLY COME TO PORTUGAL IN THE NIGHT BEFORE TO HUNT ME DOWN AND THREAT ME OF DEATH BECAUSE OF THE FRIDAY NIGHT DERAILMENT AND NOW YOU ALLOW A TRANSFORMERS DERAILMENT?!?!?!?

10581%20-%20Raw%20gif%20hunter_hearst_he

• Like 7

What reason?

Paul Walker's death?

Are you saying there wouldn't have been an increase had Paul Walker lived?

Its a completely logical argument to use.

Countless celebrities' are still worth billions years after they've died, with their death sometimes causing a spike in interest in them.

Edited by Age of Robertron
  • Like 1