DeeCee

Best Song 2015

gonna say furious 7 wins easily. other nominees idk, as good as I think the 50 shades songs are they probably won't wanna throw to them. and the spectre song sucked only 3 bond songs been nominated you gotta be pretty good to get in and the overwhelming shrug of a reception won't help. I think we could see a fair few obscure flicks that make us go "huh?" make it in here.

• Like 2

Well the Spectre song was not as good as Skyfall, still was better then Die Another Day at least (not that its that hard :P), after listening to most of the Bond songs last night-it was one of the better ones of the past 15 years though.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Impact said:

Well the Spectre song was not as good as Skyfall, still was better then Die Another Day at least (not that its that hard :P), after listening to most of the Bond songs last night-it was one of the better ones of the past 15 years though.

That's not saying much.  There hasn't been a good Bond song since The World Is Not Enough. :ph34r:

• Like 1

Checked the previous nominations on this category since 2000. A mainstream big hit got a nom 4 times and everytime it won.

2002 Lose Yourself

2008 Jai Ho (although that might have become popular after the oscars, I don't remember)

2012 Skyfall

2013 Let it Go

I think it doesn't matter if furious 7 and wiz khalifa aren't oscar-y enough, they 'll win anyway.

On 4/23/2015, 10:38:55, Salacious Tree Crumb said:

It would make my year if Williams writes another Star Wars song, for Episode 7.

If they're good, I don't see a problem.

I mean... this is a good point

Not sure if this is a spoiler, but didn't Lin-Manuel Miranda write a song for VII?

Okay here:

“Waiting For My Moment” from “Creed”

“See You Again” from “Furious Seven”

“Better When I’m Dancin'” from The Peanuts Movie

“Writing’s On The Wall” from “Spectre”

“Simple Song #3” from “Youth”

Alt: "Love Me Like You Do" from Fifty Shades of Grey