CJohn

Weekend Estimates: TLR - 13.5M; Furious 7 - 60.5M; Home - 19M [F7 - 63M OD in China!]

So Transformers and Fast and Furious are two stupid franchises that make tons of cash.

Don t misunderstand me, I like stoopid.

But one franchise gets good reviews and a free pass, the other franchise is trashed to smithereens.

Double standard I call your name.

And I already called out how dumb this line of thinking is in the last weekend thread. bye.

• Like 4

So Transformers and Fast and Furious are two stupid franchises that make tons of cash.

Don t misunderstand me, I like stoopid.

But one franchise gets good reviews and a free pass, the other franchise is trashed to smithereens.

Double standard I call your name.

Yes FF is stupid but Transformers reaches levels of stupidity rarely seen, not to mention the characters are less engaging and the films are offensive and inappropriate.

• Like 1

I think if you don't watch movies and just have them on in the background while doing something else that requires 95% of your attention or whatever then it's an easy mistake to make, sure. there are surface level similarities. [mod edit]

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 6

Very, very nice for Furious 7,

However, I want to complain A24. I would've seen While We're Young this week, but they've been expanding it super slowly. More importantly, if Ex Machina doesn't go wide before May, I know I won't be able to see it. Get your shit together A24! #BlankWorldProblems

I think if you don't watch movies and just have them on in the background while doing something else that requires 95% of your attention or whatever then it's an easy mistake to make, sure. there are surface level similarities. [mod edit]

Why the insult part ?

Is your condescending attitude really necessary, here ?

I am not sure.

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 2

FF and TF are both dumb but, as already stated, FF is self-aware and actually focuses on characters who have REAL chemistry.

I wouldn't say FF characters have chemistry.

FF and TF are both dumb but, as already stated, FF is self-aware and actually focuses on characters who have REAL chemistry.

People hate Bay so much they ll always find reasons to proove his brand of dumb is more st00pid than everything else.

Ah, the self aware argument, Brilliant.

I bow down.

People hate Bay so much they ll always find reasons to proove his brand of dumb is more st00pid than everything else.

I bow down.

Remind me the last time a Fast and Furious film made a joke about statutory rape?

136518213416.gif

• Like 2

Futurist, can you do everyone a favor and shut up? You're not more mainstream for defending Transfarters.

It's a fucking shit series that's way too boring and doesn't have 10% of the thrills and laughs of F&F.

I bow down.

This has nothing to do with Bay. FF7 is grade A stupidity but the action sequences work because we actually have a connection to the characters because we have been through a lot with them plus they work so well together.

TF (excluding Shia) is filled with empty characters who shout at the screen when something blows up. There is no chemistry between any of them and they are basically just macguffins to drive to another explosion or location. 

• Like 1