Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Not america... Texas

Texas.

There can be only one.

Fanboys of movie franchises is one thing... being a fanboy of a State is something I'm not sure I've ever seen.

• Like 1

I have that comic :)

I have a few copies myself. West Coast Avengers is a very underrated series. So is the Hawkeye Mini-Series...

Hawkeye_Vol_1_1.jpg

I was kinda hoping the Hawk would end up with Mockingbird(Bobbi Morse from Agents of SHIELD), guess not after the revelations of this film.

tumblr_nms077QQnC1rng8pyo1_500.gif

• Like 3

Walking back. I'll digest the movie for a few hours but I'll be watching it tomorrow since day plans got cancelled :lol:

I'd say IMAX was 90-95% full. Lady said there were a few no shows. Next showing is about a third full according to her as well.

Trailers were

F4, Terminator, Tomorrowland, Spectre and SW.

• Like 2

I'd say IMAX was 90-95% full. Lady said there were a few no shows. Next showing is about a third full according to her as well.

I assume west coast?

Tele charted partial sellouts Thursday and predicted big numbers based on what he saw

E posting about 3:00am almost sellouts on the East Coast.

West Coast movie goers saying the same.

A whole lot of pictures and posts saying how theaters were added showtimes based on demand

But this will do 95 at best.

Is there an upper limit on what a movie can do that can only be beaten by inflation?

So it's going to do some thing like this i guess ?

Thursday : 27.6m$

Friday : 66.3m$ (93m$ / +140%)

Saturday : 68m$ (161m$)

Sunday : 49m$ (210m$)

Almost no increase from Friday? IM3 increased 16.5%, TA increased 11.9%. AOU only increasing 2.5% would be very surprising.

I think it will look like this.

Thursday : 27.6

Friday : 63.4

Saturday : 71

Sunday : 53 (215M)

Edited by Caesar
  • Like 1

Almost no increase from Friday? IM3 increased 16.5%, TA increased 11.9%. AOU only increasing 2.5% would be very surprising.

I think it will look like this.

Thursday : 27.6

Friday : 63.4

Saturday : 71

Sunday : 53 (215M)

Mayweather vs Pacquiao :ph34r:

I just learned about the fact TA2 got less theaters than TA1, that's weird...

Theaters but likely not screens or seats.  I don't know if that is tracked.

At my AMC 24 there is an IMAX and 3 big screens.  On thursday the IMAX and 2 big screens were AOU and the last big screen was rented out ( AOU )

There were another 4-6 AOU screens but they were all the medium size.

So although it was a little less then half the screens it was likely about 75% of the seats.  That was at 7.  It was likely they added even more screen later on in the night.

Edited by AndyLL

Theaters but likely not screens or seats.  I don't know if that is tracked.

At my AMC 24 there is an IMAX and 3 big screens.  On thursday the IMAX and 2 big screens were AOU and the last big screen was rented out ( AOU )

There were another 4-6 AOU screens but they were all the medium size.

So although it was a little less then half the screens it was likely about 75% of the seats.  That was at 7.  It was likely they added even more screen later on in the night.

I see, it's fine then :)

• Like 1

It'll top DH2 for having 8 extra hours. Now that's funny. Enjoy your night BKB.

Don't take offense. It's not worth wasting your fingers typing a response. The 91m(and especially the midnights) will still be an amazing accomplishment. Whether you factor in the extra hours, inflation or other factors, nothing will take away how hard DH2 broke the record. Spider-Man's 114,8m OW 13 years ago, Batman's 40m 26 years ago are still just as big as TA's 200m because of how much of an impact these events had on the industry. Ben Hogan destroyed the lowest score ever at the Masters Golf Tourney in 1953. Even though his score has been beaten many times since(including by Jordan Spieth this year), there remains a revered plaque on the course that commemorates his score, and people still marvel at it because at the time he accomplished the feat it was unheard of. No matter what AOU's opening day comes up to, it will not diminish DH2's OD one bit. ;)

• Like 5