Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

It is impressive and any studio would kill for that number.  

Though you gotta admit that given the comparisons with the first film and the earlier estimates that ranged from 85-100M, it's disappointing to see it end up at the lowest end of that range.

No, not really

Per late night returns, it appears as though Ultron will chalk up an estimated $85M, making it second to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2‘s first day of $91.07M and beating the first Avengers which bowed to $80.8M. All these opening figures are propped by Thursday night previews. Ultron had more showtimes than its first chapter since it kicked off earlier at 7PM vs. midnight (in the wake of the Aurora, Colorado shootings, exhibs no longer launch films at midnight). Current FSS bow for Ultron is $202.6M per industry calculations, but that’s incorporating a ding from the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight. That figure would put Ultron second to Avengers’ bow in the all-time B.O. annals.

Deadline.com

202M?

• Like 1

No, not really

Really? I think I'm a pretty reasonable person and as I went to bed last night, the last estimates that people were looking at was around mid-90s (you can even say low-mid 90s).  

So relative to that, it is.  It's all relative.

Early previews might have deflated friday. A bigger saturday jump than TA i wouldn't totally rule out yet.

I would, this is not a good sign. There is no other way to spin but TA1 beating TA2 Friday day business

Edited by GiantCALBears

While large format and 3D are providing some extra Red Bull to Ultron‘s ticket sales this weekend, the motion-seat 4DX format is another catalyst. It’s a new exhib technology that was wowing during CinemaCon. 4DX is reporting an average of 85% occupancy rates for its Ultron showtimes in the U.S. Furious 7, which is looking at an estimated fifth frame of $7.7M stateside, played in 4DX around the world and recently passed 1M admissions.

WAIT. Where are these 4D LOCATIONS?

Edited by #ED

Hey Walt Disney, turns out rth got it wrong. Eat crow.

Nice turn around dude, I assume you are pumped.

Everybody had it wrong, dude.

Except Gitesh it seems but the trades were in line with Rth.

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 2

I would, this is not a good sign. There is no other way to spin but TA1 beating TA2 Friday day business

There isn't. TA2 has a lot more screens. TA1 didn't have enough screens to satisfy demand on Friday night. Add in that the first one had incredible WOM and you would have thought enough people would have showed up to at least match the Friday day business this time around. I mean just between the first two weekends TA1 made $310m. You would have expected some of that $103m in the second weekend to show up for the first weekend and maybe even opening day for TA2.

• Like 2

Not exactly, there were quite a few $85-90m predicts that people laughed at when rth posted. Again, eat crow

Dude: generally speaking, the later estimates get more accurate. This was one of those times where they weren't. It's not an exact science; since usually the higher numbers get supported by the west coast turnout, it's not surprising people here would expect the same.

No crow is needed. The projections based off showtimes and presales were off by a percentage point or so, that's all.

• Like 9

Dude: generally speaking, the later estimates get more accurate. This was one of those times where they weren't. It's not an exact science; since usually the higher numbers get supported by the west coast turnout, it's not surprising people here would expect the same.

No crow is needed. The projections based off showtimes and presales were off by a percentage point or so, that's all.

I got shit from people for saying rth makes mistakes occasionally so you know me tele. Edited by GiantCALBears

Well, I'll eat crow. I was very bullish after the preview number. Even mentioned that $250m was not off the table and that $220-230m was very likely. Oops! Still $200m would be an awesome number if Disney can pull it off.

OMG...i love you

teach me your ways

It's actually very simple. There's a program called GifCam, so you download it, open the program, and it'll have a window which you can layer on top of another video. So I go to Youtube, find a good clip, play the video, then hit record on Gifcam with the window layered on top of the video. Once you get the clip you want, you go to edit, resize the gif and then delete the frames that you don't want (GifCam makes this simple with options like 'Delete from this Frame to Start/End). Then save, upload to Imgur, and voila! Once you tinker around with it more you get better at it. There are also ways to add text but that takes a bit of practice

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 5