Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

The downside of a summer megablockbuster is we won't have much to talk about other than its legs for next week. Max Max and Tomorrowland just feel like arguments about the definition of a flop waiting to happen.

Tele dislikes this  :)

What was so bad about the fight, lol? I just hear people complain and complain about it here lolol

It was really boring as hardly anything happened. It was more of a defensive fight then offensive.

As the ULTRON estimates fell, each of us in our own way was broken. It was hard to know who was more crazy...me, or everyone else?

It is indeed a lovely, lovely day.

Boring as hell. 

It was really boring as hardly anything happened. It was more of a defensive fight then offensive.

How long did it even last?

WRONG AGAIN, Rth wrong by a decent amount as well. What a night!

In a nutshell based on quick look i did around 330-4p Pacific

This is the weirdest weekend ever - the most accurate box office prognosticator this weekend has been Gitesh. 

pZLjI.png

67m would have been in play if AOU  played out like TA and a dozen other titles, 63 at them time was if it over indexed, and it certainly did. Just with TA matinees it was over but as evening went on it was under and the gap kept getting bigger as the night draw on.

With Gitesh I mentioned (yes I've known him since BOG been around) to him that it was potentially looking now  at around 30% diff, the last update he had heard a couple/few hours before was 20% maybe more

• Like 7

The downside of a summer megablockbuster is we won't have much to talk about other than its legs for next week. And Max Max and Tomorrowland just feel like arguments about the definition of a flop waiting to happen.

Poor Tele.

The downside of a summer megablockbuster is we won't have much to talk about other than its legs for next week. And Max Max and Tomorrowland just feel like arguments about the definition of a flop waiting to happen.

The next one I'm excited about is Jurassic World. I hope that one surprises for the better and breaks out.

I'm of the opinion that most who would've seen Avengers tonight if it weren't for the fight probably elected to see it yesterday or Sunday (or this afternoon) instead. I just think anyone who was so bent on seeing it this weekend would've found a way to squeeze it in somewhere.

lower Saturday than IM3 pretty much confirms Saturday business was hurt

67m would have been in play if AOU  played out like TA and a dozen other titles, 63 at them time was if it over indexed, and it certainly did. Just with TA matinees it was over but as evening went on it was under and the gap kept getting bigger as the night draw on.

With Gitesh I mentioned (yes I've known him since BOG been around) to him that it was potentially looking now  at around 30% diff, the last update he had heard a couple/few hours before was 20% maybe more

West Coast bailed. Hey shit happens. We'll see if it can recover.

• Like 1

Hoping it'll get 500+ but we'll see. SW7 will certainly take the domestic crown IMO

That is one reason I am fine with this #. Makes it that much easier for SW7 to win the year. :)

• Like 1

Oh, man.

What if... what if EVERYTHING this summer disappoints?

Would it be like last year all over again? Will we be looking at Fantastic Four as the breakout August story?

I can't see Fantastic Four breaking out. I have a bad feeling it'll probably disappoint. 

Oh, man.

What if... what if EVERYTHING this summer disappoints?

Would it be like last year all over again? Will we be looking at Fantastic Four as the breakout August story?

Straight Outta Compton and Man from UNCLE both launch to 100M openings on the same weekend  :P

• Like 2