Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

I was hyped for Wonder Woman, until I seen the actress they chose. She's horrible and ugly.

She might be a terrible actress, but UGLY?! BWAHAHAHAHHAHAA

• Like 2

Oh no. It's well past Saturday already.

It will pass Friday's total in the next 30 minutes.

We should first hope for a sub 20% drop before we go crazy with increasing.

I'm not helping with that though am I?

Yep sub 20% is the goal. And no you are not helping. But its good to know aou made a comeback.

• Like 1

I completely buy the Spurs being a major cause for a drop in that area, and I buy the boxing match hitting WC shows. But does the Kentucky derby register as a must watch event for people? Just curious.

People like to bet on horse racing. I know for a fact they clog up the near dog track and betting bars to place wages on the longshot. 

It won't be long until movies just open on Thursday.

I don't see it happening... Thursday bussniess just isn't strong enough.

If you look at Thursday preview sales you'll aee 10pm showings out sale there 7 and 8pm counter parts. 7 and 8pm shows are difficult if your getting off work at 6 or so

There are sporting events on all the time yet they are seldom mentioned in box office.

It's very rare to have what happen this weekend with sports.  The NFL DRAFT where the NFL picks all it's new players only happens once a year.  The Manny and Floyd boxing match is a once in a generation fight.   The NBA Playoffs are also once a year as well as The Kentucky Derby.   I'm honestly not even mad at Ultron number.  The fact it only dropped 20 Million from Part 1 with this Supernova Atomic Bomb Sports programming is good.   But even Mojo is admitting the Sports probably effected the number by 5-10 million but I don't know if you can really pull a number but I cool with that figure.  

Disney is having a good spell, just not as good as other studios, haven't finished on top for a decade, simple as. ;)

But bigger question is, how much are they raking in from their theme parks and merchadise that now span not only Disney characters like Mickey Mouse and Frozen, but Marvel and Star Wars too. Anything the BO makes for them is probably pocket change to them.

There are sporting events on all the time yet they are seldom mentioned in box office.

It's rare one is as big as Money vs. Manny. Also, two(3 if you count the NFL Draft) other big sporting events in the same day is rare. It was a day where a lot of people just had sports on their mind the whole day.

So, I want to ask you, and be honest, please. You seemed to hate the AOU, but that hate seems to stem from the fact that it looked like it was going to dethrone Potter's place in the box office. Since that didn't happen, are you feeling more warmed up to AOU and the MCU as movies, or do you still kind of not like them?

Let me explain. BOM members will remember me being hugely excited for IM2, and I was crushed when it didn't do nearly as well as it should. I even saw IM2 three times in theaters.

I love IM1. IM2 lulls a bit but I think it's pretty underrated. I also think Thor is very charming. But it's when Phase 2 happened that my appreciation for Marvel plummeted.

I thought CA1 was eh. Iron Man 3 was decent, but nothing great. The Avengers was completely and utterly mediocre. Guardians of the Galaxy is also wildly overrated. Chris Pine's charisma and dorky charm saves it. But they all feel so fucking similar despite having different characters and worlds. Like a checklist to make sure every character has a funny moment. It all became so superficial. None of them are bad films, but each one is inundated by so much mediocrity.

TWS was fantastic, though.

BO means shit to me when I judge a film. DH1 is my favorite Potter film ever, but I never complained that Eclipse beat it domestically because it's the only Twilight film I liked.

I'll probably see AOU soon. And even if it had dethroned Potter, it wouldn't dampen the film for me.

Edited by Noctis
  • Like 1

Well, my father and I went to a crowded 1 P.M. showing, and now we are unable to find parking in a lot that happens to be near a theater. And now there's all these posts saying business is up from yesterday.

I'm not going to jump on the "Sunday increase!" bandwagon though. Doing that this weekend has proven costly. In fact, the projected Sunday hold is extremely generous as it is. Nope. Can't do it. Will wait for results instead.

• Like 1

And there are tons of movies released every year, but very few manage to find themselves on the front page of the NYT. 

Well, my father and I went to a crowded 1 P.M. showing, and now we are unable to find parking in a lot that happens to be near a theater. And now there's all these posts saying business is up from yesterday.

I'm not going to jump on the "Sunday increase!" bandwagon though. Doing that this weekend has proven costly. In fact, the projected Sunday hold is extremely generous as it is. Nope. Can't do it. Will wait for results instead.

There is no Sunday increase bandwagon. Stop starting rumors, lol.

• Like 1