Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Ashamed of posting words that can't be proven wrong? Nah, I don't think so. Thanks for playing though.

Yeah, they can be proven wrong and already have. Rth has an excellent track record and is rarely wrong. He doesn't owe us any numbers, but is nice enough to post accurate numbers. Being appreciative isn't too much to ask.

I am not even going to get started on the Marvel legacy thing again where you ignored the facts that were staring you right in the face.

I got these trailers:

Fantastic Four - A little bit of talk. I don't think this has still really set in with people. The 2007 one wasn't that long ago and I'm sure they still air in on cable.

Batman vs Superman - Yeah not many people knew this was happening because a nice audible gasp filled the room when the Batsuit was revealed. And there was so much talk after that it spilled over into the Star Wars trailer.

Star Wars - No big whoa moments like BvS, but like BvS, talk spilled over.

Tomorrowland - I think everyone was confused. We got a long action scene with Clooney and the girl and the bathtub. Not really much talk.

Ant Man - Good reaction. Obviously the train scene got the loudest reaction of all the trailers. I could feel the intrigue in the room.

Also, just to show how much the GA knows about these movies, after Avengers ended, the group in front of me that has to be my age kept going "I thought Captain America was gonna die! I thought Captain America was gonna die! I thought Captain America was gonna die!" to each other. Obviously they havent heard about Civil War coming out this time next year. And the reactions that the BvS trailer got when the Batsuit popped up showed me not that many people have seen that either.

These movies get a lot of buzz online, but a lot of people really still don't know theyre happening until the trailer pops up in the theater or the commercials air on TV.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 5

Yeah, they can be proven wrong and already have. Rth has an excellent track record and is rarely wrong. He doesn't owe us any numbers, but is nice enough to post accurate numbers. Being appreciative isn't too much to ask.

I am not even going to get started on the Marvel legacy thing again where you ignored the facts that were staring you right in the face.

I don't worship a guy posting on an Internet forum who occasionally gets numbers wrong. My post never said anything else other than that & stop slobbering.

Stand by that & everything else I said earlier on your last part.

Also, just to show how much the GA knows about these movies, after Avengers ended, the group in front of me that has to be my age kept going "I thought Captain America was gonna die! I thought Captain America was gonna die! I thought Captain America was gonna die!" to each other. Obviously they havent heard about Civil War coming out this time next year. And the reactions that the BvS trailer got when the Batsuit popped up showed me not that many people have seen that either.

These movies get a lot of buzz online, but a lot of people really still don't know theyre happening until the trailer pops up in the theater.

It does kind of hurt the argument that people make about these films having no stakes and there being no real danger. Clearly, someone who is an adult thought that there was real danger. The general audience doesn't have as much knowledge as we do, so they can go into movies without knowing what will happen next. I think some people (not talking about you) forget that when they say things like there are no stakes to these movies (again NOT talking about you).

Edited by Walt Disney

Finished my showing of it. I'll go see it again, the crowd seemed to like it a lot but it wasn't the same energy that the first had. I didn't love it but I'll see it a second time because I was feeling off and wasn't that into it. And people complaining about trailers have no right after what I got, Dope, The Last Witch Hunter, Tomorrowland, Fantastic Four, and Ant-Man.

My ranking of the marvel movies

1.Guardians of the Galaxy

2.The Avengers

3.Iron Man

4.Thor

5.Captain America: Winter Soldier

6.The Avengers: Age of Ultron

7.Iron Man 3

8.Captain America: The First Avenger

9.Thor: The Dark World

10.The Incredible Hulk

11.Iron Man 2

Edited by The Panda
  • Like 1

Who cares?

The last Harry Potter film came out in like 2011. It's part of the past now, and while its legacy is great, I don't understand why people even feel the need to compare it to The Avengers.

Oh wait, because The Avengers 2 had a 5-hour head start on DH2's OD and that might be the difference in the OD record. So what? TA2 is going to wipe the floor with DH2 in terms of the OW record, with or without the 5-hour head start.

Welcome back.

I got these trailers:

Fantastic Four - A little bit of talk. I don't think this has still really set in with people. The 2007 one wasn't that long ago and I'm sure they still air in on cable.

Batman vs Superman - Yeah not many people knew this was happening because a nice audible gasp filled the room when the Batsuit was revealed. And there was so much talk after that it spilled over into the Star Wars trailer.

Star Wars - No big whoa moments like BvS, but like BvS, talk spilled over.

Tomorrowland - I think everyone was confused. We got a long action scene with Clooney and the girl and the bathtub. Not really much talk.

Ant Man - Good reaction. Obviously the train scene got the loudest reaction of all the trailers. I could feel the intrigue in the room.

These movies get a lot of buzz online, but a lot of people really still don't know theyre happening until the trailer pops up in the theater or the commercials air on TV.

was your showing filled with old grannies?

I don't worship a guy posting on an Internet forum who occasionally gets numbers wrong. My post never said anything else other than that & stop slobbering.

Your post is actually because you're still mad that I owned you on the Marvel legacy issue. That's what it comes down to. Because I have never seen anyone get upset or reactionary to a post praising Rth.

Man, take a chill pill, we re having fun here.

• Like 8

Your post is actually because you're still mad that I owned you on the Marvel legacy issue. That's what it comes down to. Because I have never seen anyone get upset or reactionary to a post praising Rth.

Cool story bro, I'm so mad I can't write in complete sentences. Damn. You win.

IMO Opening day should be everything it makes in the first 24hrs....meaning anything made after 7pm tonight shouldn't count! Or Thursday should have been counted as a separate day. I mean, if DH2 had 7pm Thursday showings it would have been well over 100m by the end of Friday. And that was with 2011 ticket prices and a lower 3d share....

No.