Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

I called the fight effect when the fight was first announced.

You sure about that?

Actually, the opening weekend will suffer a little.

Someone brought up the Mayweather vs Pacquiao at work last night, and if that goes down on May 2, it will be pretty huge.  I don't give a shit, but here in Corpus, fights are a big fucking deal and this is like the holy grail of fights apparently.

I'm feeling a little vindicated right now!

• Like 1

So we just went from high end of 67 down to sub-60. Guess the question of whether the fight would hurt has been answered. Too bad the fight itself sucked a King Kong sized penis.

The Spurs-Clippers game was pretty huge here too, I'm guessing.

• Like 2

Huh. high 50s means it's barely up from the True Friday. Which probably means it needs a sub-20% drop on Sunday in order to hit 190. I kinda doubt that's happening.

OTOH, it would need to be hammered tomorrow in order to not hit 180. So it should be fairly comfortably ahead of IM3.

This is basically Spider-Man 3. It came up against Mayweather vs De La Hoya which was the last big fight event. SM3 also barely increased from "true" Friday numbers.

yeah I think number going to be coming down, the EC held up alright and also Canada not down much at all on Fri, middle Am looking to be a mix of ok-big drop and looks like WC is atm taking a pounding 

Yeah its like is anyone going to the movies on WC.... for example Canada is looking to be down maybe 15% from Fri(with thurs prev)

for right now LA is taking the biggest hit

between the 2 biggest markets  NY/LA theres more than 20% difference in the drop from fri

That's brutal.  

Appreciate the detailed updates  :D

• Like 1

Based on what Rth said i.e. Canada was down only 15% or so with previews, that would have given AoU a 71M 2nd day if the US had followed suit. Realistically around 68-69M might have happened. Falling from that would give it 47M Sunday, if Sunday gets spillover we may see a 50M Sunday tomorrow.

Canadians don't follow boxing?

The Spurs-Clippers game was pretty huge here too, I'm guessing.

Between San Antonio and Los Angeles, that is two pretty big markets getting hit at the same time. Then there's the fight having a bigger effect across the country than many of us thought. Damn that thing was a fucking letdown too...fucking Mayweather and his dance routine. 

It really is Teles fault. I said 195 and he kept giving me lectures on how previews were gonna keep that from happening.

I convinced myself first. :sadno: Look at my predictions from a month ago or earlier, I was saying 200 or sub-200 for quite awhile and then bailed on that in the last day or so.

• Like 1

The question I am thinking about is whether people who just dropped 100$ on that fight will be willing to spend 20$ a pop on movie tickets tomorrow. Especially since there must be some major buyers remorse among a section of the audience.

• Like 1

The question I am thinking about is whether people who just dropped 100$ on that fight will be willing to spend 20$ a pop on movie tickets tomorrow. Especially since there must be some major buyers remorse among a section of the audience.

That's what they get!

I don't understand the appeal and I never will.  

But please, come see the movie tomorrow!!