Dementeleus

AVENGERS Official Wknd Estimates: 191M - Disney

Midnights on a second entry take away more of the saturation, do not ignore the facts. Especially in a franchise like this where there is so much pent up demand off a good first entry.

Must be why Iron Man 2, Iron Man 3, Captain America 2 and Thor 2 had lesser OD money sans previews than the earlier entries... Oh, wait, never mind. I don't think people are ignoring the facts. It's pretty reasonable to expect Ultron to gross more today sans previews than Assemble did it's first day sans previews.

Listening to the radio (yes ik im so prehistoric) and im switching between 3 stations and 2 have already brought up Avengers. Both started off with "so the biggest movie of the year comes out today, Avengers! Im so excited, gonna be insane, make sure you get your tickets, etc..."

One was a hip-hop/urban station and the other is top 40. I dont ever hear radio DJ's talking about movies unless theyre giving out some free ticket, so this is very good, and Im sure theyll be repeating themsleves throughout the day.

It's both breaking the record and not breaking the record.

Meanwhile, everyone sounds like a broken record.

Sounds about right.

• Like 1

Listening to the radio (yes ik im so prehistoric) and im switching between 3 stations and 2 have already brought up Avengers. Both started off with "so the biggest movie of the year comes out today, Avengers! Im so excited, gonna be insane, make sure you get your tickets, etc..."

I have a bad feeling about that.

• Like 1

Is it controversial to say that this isn't even in the top 5 superhero sequels?  :ph34r:

Not at all.

Just off the top of my head in chronological order...

Superman II

Batman Returns

X2: X-Men United

The Dark Knight

Captain America 2

X-Men: Days of Future Past

And that's not even factoring in Spider-Man 2, which a lot of people would probably list ahead of TA2 (I wouldn't).

I have a bad feeling about that.

Radio DJ's, and most of the GA aren't concerned with SW7 at the moment. Thats still 3 seasons away. Not really a big deal, but if you want to call in and tell them about SW7 Ill give you their phone numbers.

Edited by Jandrew

I am done with this BKB/iJack nonsense. Seriously, there is a limit even for fanboys, and saying this is the best sequel ever to a superhero movie or the best superhero movie ever or Ultron>Ledger's Joker is crossing that line in a big way into troll territory.

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 2

Not at all.

Superman II

Batman Returns

The Dark Knight

Captain America 2

And that's not even factoring in Spider-Man 2, which a lot of people would probably list ahead of TA2 (I wouldn't).

+ First Class and TDKR

imho SR would get in there too.

Not at all.

Superman II

Batman Returns

The Dark Knight

Captain America 2

You're doing it wrong.

Rank them, red! Rank them.