Noctis

MONDAY ACTUALS: AGE OF ULTRON - 13.23M (Normal -74% Drop)

So Furious 7 is 88M away from topping The Avengers WW total gross.

:thinking:

Damn will ff7 reach 3rd all time???

It's probably got about $50m left combined between DOM, China, and Japan. That leaves $40m that would need to be covered in all other territories. I don't know if that's possible. Still, that it's even in the same ballpark as Avengers 1 is astounding.

• Like 1

Hey Kal! How you feeling Star Wars is going to do this winter? Will it be able to beat F7 and TA2 for Dom and ww yearly crown?? I say YES! The force is strong.

Theres no way Star Wars isn't winning the year domestically now.  ROTK adjusts to 501m today and thats without either 3D or IMAX.

• Like 1

Weekday number isn't going to determine if it hits 500M. Friday and the subsequent jump on Saturday will. If TA2 hits 85-90M on 2nd weekend than 500M is still possible.

How much does it have to do on Fri to have a shot at that weekend number? Over 25mil?

Seems like a swell hold with either figure.  What was expected after an inflated Sunday?

I guess people were expecting a number close to Avengers' Monday despite nothing suggesting that was even possible.

• Like 2

How much does it have to do on Fri to have a shot at that weekend number? Over 25mil?

Assuming it's at 10M on Thursday...

It needs about a 150% jump to get to 25M. 

45% bump on Saturday followed by a usual 30% drop on Sunday...

Friday - 25M

Saturday - 36M

Sunday - 25M

86M weekend sounds optimistic, but this could be a best case scenario.

• Like 1

I honestly do not believe that at all.. This movie lost probably close to 10M over the weekend cause of that fight..

Actually it lost exactly 16,167,601$ according to my calculations. Trust me

e3bdc06147a14b23dbf23a725b4184bb.jpg

Edited by grim22
  • Like 6

By the way, Furious 7 and Age of Ultron knocking Return of the King down to #10 WW. Star Wars will knock it out of the top 10

TDKR may stay in the top 7 domestic tho...

:ph34r:

By the way, Furious 7 and Age of Ultron knocking Return of the King down to #10 WW. Star Wars will knock it out of the top 10

Lol remember when ROTK was the 2nd film to cross a billion and how much of a big deal that was?  1 billion is such a mild milestone now due to expanded markets, 3D, etc.

• Like 2

Lol remember when ROTK was the 2nd film to cross a billion and how much of a big deal that was?  1 billion is such a mild milestone now due to expanded markets, 3D, etc.

Yep. Pretty soon Trans4mers will be the only movie in the top 10 that isn't at 1.2B.

20 films have hit a billion, will be at least 22 by the end of the year

As much as you don't want to believe this, AVATAR 2 will drop just as much as AOU did, even if there'll always be an asterick next to AOU weekend number just as much as it will for TDKR weekend, just different scenarios..

You are straight up delusional if you think AOU OW deserves an asterisk, fight or no fight it was not breaking the OW. And to even mention it in the same sentence as TDKR shows how delusional of a marvel fanboy you are. Those are world's apart in terms of what happened OW

• Like 3

Assuming it's at 10M on Thursday...

10M Thursday sounds way too high Ed.

Just looking at SPidey 3, Avengers, and IM3, it looks like Thursday will be in the 8M range.