kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES | 05.08.15 - 05.10.15

I stopped buying them for that very reason. I was all excited to build a collection and then I realized I was just wasting money I could use on shoes and handbags, lol.

I had to limit my movie buying as well. I don't as many movies on Blu-ray as I did on DVD.

I don't understand why people see the same movies so many times (more than 2 times) in theaters. If I had the chance to go to a theater right now, I wouldn't rewatch The Avengers 2. I would either see Hot Pursuit or not spend money at all. And if I have seen HP, I would see Get Hard or not spend money. At least see a good movie many times. Avengers 2 is just.... not the right movie for that.

just love it

Even though the aou will be released on 5/12 in China,i have bought 3 tickets and ready to watch it 3 times.

• Like 1

just love it

Even though the aou will be released on 5/12 in China,i have bought 3 tickets and ready to watch it 3 times.

But what if you don't like it (or even hate it) after the first time? That could be awkward.

If Avengers has a 100m 2nd weekend it would have to be because of last weeks fight. That said, I'm gonna go ahead and expect 80m.

Edited by Orestes

28m/100m is very unrealistic. TA2 doesn't have the novelty or great reception that TA1 had, there's no way the second weekend matches TA1's.

We'll see. I'm skeptical after last weekend but anything more then 23M will be strong.

But what if you don't like it (or even hate it) after the first time? That could be awkward.

it is ok for me if it is just not too bad...anyway,i am a fans.lol
  • Like 1

I always thought the 2nd weeknd drop would not be too big.

It did around 10-12 million less then normal less Saturday 

I've been thinking 59-61% it just doesn't have the same WOM as TA or TWS.

http://variety.com/2015/film/news/avengers-eyes-90-million-weekend-hot-pursuit-gets-chilly-reception-1201491282/

May 8, 2015 | 05:11PM PT

Deputy Editor @Variety_PatS

Avengers: Age of Ultron” is looking slightly better than initial projections with a projected $90 million for its second weekend — and this time, the Disney-Marvel movie won’t battle a slew of competing sporting events.

But Warner Bros.’ Reese Witherspoon-Sofia Vergara comedy “Hot Pursuit” isn’t so sizzling, looking at just $12 million-$14 million in its opening weekend despite prospective Mother’s Day moviegoers.

Playing in limited release, IFC’s “The D Train” is projected to open to a disappointing $500,000 from 1,000 theaters. The Jack Black-James Marsden dramedy premiered earlier this year at the Sundance Film Festival.

Edited by TalismanRing