kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES | 05.08.15 - 05.10.15

You're really quite bitter about this aren't you?

Of course I'm bitter.

That last 5 mins that ruined the movie for me has become everyone's favourite scene, and that terrible song that accompanies that scene has become a no.1 hit WW. It's been on the playlist at my store so I have to listen to that damn songs at least 5 times a day thank you very much.

I enjoyed the movie up until that point, then the last 5 mins screwed it up, and nobody in the entire world could share my dislike for that scene.

Of course I'm bitter.

I have faith in JW, I hope SW7 lives up to expectation. I hope I love them both. ;)

I prefer TF4 to TF2&2, I know that doesn't say much but for me that's enough.

Most people agree with you, more fun to me. :lol:

Lol still dont understand how Noctis hated the first Transformers movie, but his hatred of Bay has made him give in to the darkside of the force... He refuses to appreciate good popcorn flicks by Bay..

I thought Transformers I, the Rock, The Island are some damn good films my bay. Bay can suprise on Occasion lol

• Like 1

Lol still dont understand how Noctis hated the first Transformers movie, but his hatred of Bay has made him give in to the darkside of the force... He refuses to appreciate good popcorn flicks by Bay..

I thought Transformers I, the Rock, The Island are some damn good films my bay. Bay can suprise on Occasion lol

To be fair HP movies are not for me either so he's entitled to his hatred.

I enjoy Bay's movies most of the time. I even love Pearl Harbor... His movies are my guilty pleasure. :lol:

The gap between IM3 and AoU's dailies has shrunk to 6-7% only as of Saturday (34.2 vs 32.05). The total lead so far has become 27m.

IM3 made a further 144.8m after this point. If AoU stays ahead of it by 6-7% for the rest of its run, it will take an extra lead of 9-10m. Thus with a total lead of 36m, it will finish with 445m.

So it will need better holds than IM3 to hit 450m.

• Like 1

The gap between IM3 and AoU's dailies has shrunk to 6-7% only as of Saturday (34.2 vs 32.05). The total lead so far has become 27m.

IM3 made a further 144.8m after this point. If AoU stays ahead of it by 6-7% for the rest of its run, it will take an extra lead of 9-10m. Thus with a total lead of 36m, it will finish with 445m.

Still a massive drop from the first. Marvel and Disney will be slightly disappointed with its domestic performance. GOTG2 is going to be in similar situation in 2017. It will be their next IM2 boxoffice wise domestically.

Civil War has potential to do 300+ million domestically, but has to be really good. 400 will not happen. Even 350 will be very tough.

Edited by marveldcfox

IM3 had a couple of decent hold in the run, which often happens with an overperformer. Not likely this underperformer can match the % drops. May see the dailies drop to par next weekend then dip below. Will increase the lead a little then give back. Beats by 25m~. 435m maybe

So you won on the FF7 china bet. I have no idea how to do a sig line. let me know what you want and how to do it

IM3 had a couple of decent hold in the run, which often happens with an overperformer. Not likely this underperformer can match the % drops. May see the dailies drop to par next weekend then dip below. Will increase the lead a little then give back. Beats by 25m~. 435m maybe

So you won on the FF7 china bet. I have no idea how to do a sig line. let me know what you want and how to do it

Ah.... don't worry about it. Just try to keep your arguments civil and respect other people's opinions in the future, okay?
  • Like 1

Looks like in hindsight, the pattern I pointed out about the past few SH films making at least slightly more on their 2nd weekend than their OD failed to take into consideration the impact of AOU's larger previews number compared to its normal OD. Taking previews out of the equation, IM3 made 35% more than its 1st Friday(proper) on its 2nd weekend. What would AOU make if it made 35% more than it's actual OD sans previews on its 2nd weekend?

77m(which seems to be precisely where its headed at this point). Still kind of disappointing to me, but a lot more understandable when looked at from this POV. Looks like surpassing TDKR is the ultimate goal at this juncture(Not that it matters all that much since TDKR will have higher attendance figures since it only had IMAX not 3D. AOU has both).

Crazy that I'm talking about the #2 second weekend performance ever as "disappointing" but I guess that says more about the bar the first Avengers' set than its sequel's performance on its own.

Wow Disney spent almost 250 in advertising....This movie cant be that profitable after falling off  to the tune of 200M domestic. Guess DVD and Merchandising though will hurt heal the dissappointment of such a drop off.

Wow 400-440+M for Avengers from a 620+M orignal movie ouch.

your crazy, this movie will be hugely profitable with 450m domestic and 1.5B+ worldwide. Plenty of merchandizing and video sales for these type of movies (its disney afterall)

When Ultron says "The Avengers... what can they possible do to stop me?" The Rock should show up and say "They can't do shit, but I have a crew who can" or something like that.

If someone would have mentioned TDKR numbers before the movie opened, 99% would agree it's disappointing, underwhelming etc.

Damn, I'm becoming like Noctis...

People were disappointed with TDKR's first weekend number and they didn't get much happier after that..

When you expected a record breaking weekend and 550m+ total, not coming close to the former and being 100m short of the latter were never going to cut it.

AOU's in the same shoes actually.

Considering ULTRON ripped some dude's arm off like it was nothing and did so while in mid sentence, I seriously doubt Vin Diesel and the Rock would be much of a threat..

You mean Groot and Black Adam?

• Like 1

Considering ULTRON ripped some dude's arm off like it was nothing and did so while in mid sentence, I seriously doubt Vin Diesel and the Rock would be much of a threat..

He was joking BKB.

BW could take them both with her hands tied behind her back. :lol:  :lol: :lol:  

• Like 1

It's sad when a better movie doesn't win, does it?

But last year I rooted for TF4 to win the year WW so that's Karma for me.

F7 is better than AOU. AOU is really pretty average.

• Like 4

F7 is better than AOU. AOU is really pretty average.

I enjoyed AOU from start to finish, there're some boring parts here and there but I felt greatly satisfied when I finished it.

FF7 was very fun, such an over the top entertainment, but the last 5 mins let it down and that left me with a sour taste. :ph34r:

Plus AOU had way more likable characters. :)

Edited by KATCH 22
  • Like 1