kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES | 05.08.15 - 05.10.15

No offense to RTH, but he just needs to stop posting early estimates for AOU. My heart can only be broken so many times . . .

I love Rth as well but these early estimates aren't helping.

No offense to RTH, but he just needs to stop posting early estimates for AOU. My heart can only be broken so many times . . .

Yes I don't think he realizes this is serious business.

All should :), probably why DL didn't put out early one , initial weekend was put out at 90m(although that doesn't take into account day trade, too early),  the initial 24-28 was actually lower level then what day trade suggested, then lowered 23.5-25.8(same case as earlier)  well after that Gitesh put out 25m ,couple hours later Disney had it 22-25, then I put out 21-22 then later DL was given 21.7-9 can't recall.

• Like 6

So if going forward Avengers films made 450+ would that be seen as a disappointment?

Not after this. Staying flat would be pretty good.

But in general you know when people resort to discussing a film's revenue in real terms rather than expectations that something's gone a bit wrong. I sure as hell didn't envisage TDKR numbers. But it could still go a bit higher.

But... but... he keep saying it's not disappointing. :unsure:

lol. People will pull this same shit with Star Wars.

That's why I said, next time we should ask the number that won't disappoint them lol.

I predicted 555 M for this. A 450 M total is a disappointment imo. That is what, a 170 M+ drop from the first one?

It's crazy because some even predicted 600 M and 700 M for this. lol

All should :), probably why DL didn't put out early one , initial weekend was put out at 90m(although that doesn't take into account day trade, too early), the initial 24-28 was actually lower level then what day trade suggested, then lowered 23.5-25.8(same case as earlier) well after that Gitesh put out 25m ,couple hours later Disney had it 22-25, then I put out 21-22 then later DL was given 21.7-9 can't recall.

I'll always bottom for you rth keep slaying <3

• Like 1

That's why I said, next time we should ask the number that won't disappoint them lol.

I predicted 555 M for this. A 450 M total is a disappointment imo. That is what, a 170 M+ drop from the first one?

It's crazy because some even predicted 600 M and 700 M for this. lol

True but its been 3 years and people expected an all time hit. 

When you're the sequel to a movie that made 100m more than TDK, and you "only" make TDKR numbers, I think that can be regarded as somewhat disappointing, or as druv described it, "ho-hum".

My BSG predictions demand more than ho-hum good sir!