kayumanggi

WEEKEND ESTIMATES | 05.08.15 - 05.10.15

Isn't this still on track for the second largest 2nd weekend ever? A bit disappointing but perspective is needed here.

You're being logical. Stop that.

This is honestly the kind of drop I expected it to have :ph34r:

I think it well bounce back next weekend and have good legs for the rest of it's run (simillar to The Winter Soldier but not quite as good)

Bounce back next weekend? This is the weekend with no competition, next weekend two $40M+ films are opening.

Isn't this still on track for the second largest 2nd weekend ever? A bit disappointing but perspective is needed here.

Here's some perspective..... Flop!!

Everybody was predicting it to hit at least 500m..... but now even 450m is not certain. So wrt expectations, it is certainly a disappointment, and a major one at that.

I figured it would drop but I was hoping it wouldn't go below 23. Oh well.

I'll admit I'm a little disappointed. I didn't think it would drop this much from the first. I was thinking at most a 50-60m drop off. Instead we could be looking at a 150+ drop! That's even worse than the drop AOTC had from TPM.

Gonna have to keep my expectations in check for SW7 lol

Bounce back next weekend? This is the weekend with no competition, next weekend two $40M+ films are opening.

I'm seeing a 51-48% drop next weekend. ( and I don't think Mad Max will get to 40M)

Nope. I can't call a movie with the number two first and second weekends of all time that great of a disappointment. Especially if it manages anything over $80M this weekend.

You can if it is the sequel to the film holding number one spots and the difference is sizeable and growing. ;)
  • Like 3

You predicted 575 M, didn't you?

Yeah and it's not going to make it. I guess I can move on. I follow box office because it's fun. Some of you take this shit way too seriously

Edited by DAR
  • Like 3