Olive

Release Dates Discussion | Avengers Endgame 2019

On August 18, 2016 at 2:46 AM, Olive said:

The Shallows - September 9 in 3D

Wait a minute...theyre releasing it in China in 3D? Or am I reading that wrong. While some shots would have been cool in 3D, that film is most definitely not a 3D film....

12 hours ago, Nova said:

Wait a minute...theyre releasing it in China in 3D? Or am I reading that wrong. While some shots would have been cool in 3D, that film is most definitely not a 3D film....

Jason Bourne is 3D in China.

3 minutes ago, Olive said:

Jason Bourne is 3D in China.

Oh wow. Thats interesting. Is there a particular reason why studios do that? Release the film in 3D in one country but not for any of its other releases? 

I don't know if you would have the answer to that question but I figured I'd ask because I find that interesting. 

55 minutes ago, Nova said:

Oh wow. Thats interesting. Is there a particular reason why studios do that? Release the film in 3D in one country but not for any of its other releases? 

I don't know if you would have the answer to that question but I figured I'd ask because I find that interesting. 

3D is 10-15% more expensive than 2D, money is the reason.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, newbie BO buff said:

For Jason Bourne ..... 3D + Paul Greengrass shaky cam = airsickness bag :P

On 2016年8月25日 at 10:31 PM, Nova said:

In fact, I think 3D Jason Bourne was good. I watched 2D yesterday, and the picture did not become more bright but fuzzy.I’m not sure there’s something wrong with this theater’s facilities.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fastclock said:

Will Disney release Pete's Dragon in China?

Only 34 import films are allowed to release every year and 27 from Big Six(Disney,WB,Par,Sony,Fox,Uni).Every distributers could only let 6 films release in years at most, and only Disney would have the chance to break the rule(EP7 ZOOTOPIA,TJB,ALICE,CW,DORY.Doc Strange may release in this year)  .

• Like 4

On 9/20/2016 at 0:18 PM, Gavin Feng said:

Only 34 import films are allowed to release every year and 27 from Big Six(Disney,WB,Par,Sony,Fox,Uni).Every distributers could only let 6 films release in years at most, and only Disney would have the chance to break the rule(EP7 ZOOTOPIA,TJB,ALICE,CW,DORY.Doc Strange may release in this year)  .

Moana's probably going to be released in February, right?

Spoiler

After the New Years holidays because China knows that people really want Hollywood stuff. :ph34r:

Edited by cannastop

14 hours ago, cannastop said:

Moana's probably going to be released in February, right?

Reveal hidden contents

I think so.Nov. for Doctor Strange, Jan. for Rogue One, Feb.(after spring festival)for Moana,like Big Hero 6 did.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chrisman0606 said:

For Doctor Strange probable Nov slot, will be early, middle, or late Nov?

I think it will open on the same day as North America.

All I know is Doctor Strange is running a check by SARFT and waiting to pass the censorship, and then China Film Group will give a official release date.There is no need for delaying import films which open in Nov. because of the low growth of yearly box office.