kayumanggi

Weekend Estimates (4-day): TL 41.7 M | PP II 38.5 M | MM: FR 32.1 M | A:AOU 27.8 M | POLTERGEIST 26.5 M

Eh, I wouldn't go so far. Speed was a smash outside the US. While You Were Sleeping grossed over $100M outside the US (impressive for 1995) and a number of her other films like Miss Congeniality and The Proposal did $100M - 200M outside the US. 

The one who's a non-factor outside the US is Reese Witherspoon. None of her movies have hit $200M WW. 

Nothing was a bit strong but she never had a wide global appeal.

She really is a superstar just in the US.

Loved her since DEMOLITION MAN.

I put TL and not MM in my Summer Game. Fuck :lol:

Hey, at least you don't have the highest TL prediction in the game. I imagine I probably do, or very close to it. :ph34r: I'm kicking myself for not switching it with my San Andreas prediction, since I feel now like that's going to open huge next weekend.

Edited by MovieMan89

3rd UPDATE, Saturday 10:55 PM: 

Tomorrowland grossed around $11.7M to $12M today compared to Pitch Perfect 2‘s estimated $10.5M to $10.7M to push the musical comedy away from the No. 1 position for the 3-day and 4-day weekend. Sunday will be another strong moviegoing day  because of Memorial Day. If the trajectory holds, odds are that Disney’s sci-fi extravaganza will gross anywhere between $32M and $33M for the 3-day compared to an estimated $29M to 32M for PP2. However, in terms of return on investment, the prize still goes to the modestly budgeted PP2 which just pitch-slapped past the $100M. We have two movies in the top three right now shouldering big budgets with smaller takes than either studio had hoped for Tomorrowland is a big-budget

http://deadline.com/2015/05/tomorrowland-poltergeist-memorial-day-box-office-weekend-1201431715/

• Like 2

Tomorrowland grossed around $11.7M to $12M today compared to Pitch Perfect 2‘s estimated $10.5M to $10.7M to push the musical comedy away from the No. 1 position for the 3-day and 4-day weekend. Sunday will be another strong moviegoing day  because of Memorial Day. If the trajectory holds, odds are that Disney’s sci-fi extravaganza will gross anywhere between $32M and $33M for the 3-day compared to an estimated $29M to 32M for PP2. However, in terms of return on investment, the prize still goes to the modestly budgeted PP2 which just pitch-slapped past the $100M. We have two movies in the top three right now shouldering big budgets with smaller takes than either studio had hoped for Tomorrowland is a big-budget

http://deadline.com/2015/05/tomorrowland-poltergeist-memorial-day-box-office-weekend-1201431715/

Those are really tiny Saturday increases (just about 20%) if the numbers hold. 

• Like 1

Yikes, that not a good Sat bump for TL if it were playing like a family film. If it's not playing like a family film then it will be screwed majorly for legs.

NVM they just updated it. Here's the rest:

We have two movies in the top three right now shouldering big budgets with smaller takes than anyone expected — Tomorrowland and Warner Bros.’ Mad Max: Fury Road, which is still holding strong in its second weekend for the No. 3 slot. More to come tomorrow.

Why do they keep saying holding strong? It had like a 60% drop Friday.

Edited by Mad Travod

We have two movies in the top three right now shouldering big budgets with smaller takes than anyone expected — Tomorrowland and Warner Bros.’ Mad Max: Fury Road, which is still holding strong in its second weekend for the No. 3 slot. More to come tomorrow.

Its holds have been strong for the type of movie it is and the OW being as big as it was. If not for the WOM, it would probably be falling 65%+ this weekend.

• Like 2

We have two movies in the top three right now shouldering big budgets with smaller takes than anyone expected — Tomorrowland and Warner Bros.’ Mad Max: Fury Road, which is still holding strong in its second weekend for the No. 3 slot. More to come tomorrow.

Take out previews and it was a sub-50 drop.

• Like 2

Next Memorial day we may see X-Men: Apocalypse alone outgrossing Tomorrowland, Pitch Perfect 2, Mad Max Fury Road, and Poltergeist over this weekend combined, and Alice bombing with the combined numbers of AOU and Paul Blart 2.

• Like 1

Not sure how Mad Max has had a smaller take than anyone expected. Oh Deadline.

• Like 1