kayumanggi

THE GIRL ON THE TRAIN | 10.07.16 | Universal | final gross ● 75.40 M

46 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Or at least were. I still think it'll do really well, if not as well as before the mixed reviews came in. They won't hurt but they won't help either.

I still don't fully know what this movie is about.

Sad about the reviews, but not really surprised. I feared this director would deliver a mediocre adaptation, and that seems to be what happened. Marketing was already very underwhelming. The trailer failed to excite both fans of the book and people who are not familiar with the story. 

I remember when I started reading the book and it was about this woman on a train that everyday passes by a house and becomes obsessed with the life of the couple that lives there, and then something happens to them and she gets into the mystery. That's it, I was hooked. Translate that into a first trailer, and then you get everyone looking forward to see what happens. Then in the second trailer show that Emily's character is a suspect, and tease other bits of the story if you want.

WB would have handled this adaptation perfectly. But they would probably get a better director for the movie in the first place.

• Like 1

No Gone Girl mention in the RT consensus, what a shame.

TOMATOMETER

• Like 1