#ED

Weekend Official Estimates: SA 53.2m, PP 14.4m, TL 13.8m, MMFR 13.6m, AOU 10.9m, Aloha 10m

Back in March, did many of us expect MM to gross 150M? It was really once those reviews came out that we ALL got excited for the box office.

MMFR looks like the type of bizarro genre movie that discriminating audience loves but does only OK among GA. 

By the time the 2nd & 3rd trailers were out, I am already excited at the prospect of this movie. George Miller

is a skilled filmmaker, and I am glad he is making more Mad Max movies.

However its small drops leading to a $150M is a nice surprise, but not as awesome as PP2's

For BSG I predicted San Andreas to open at 53M... and now it's opened at 53M. 

Back in March, did many of us expect MM to gross 150M? It was really once those reviews came out that we ALL got excited for the box office.

I thought it would do somewhere between 130-150M. Big spectacle action film, I figured it would do fine, if not amazingly.

JURASSIC WORLD will be a problem as it will pretty well wipe out both AOU along with MAX and SA... It's going to have a Monsterous Opening...

It'll have a much greater impact on San Andreas. Max and Ultron should be fine. Both are winding down and no longer require a large screen count. That'll be Ultron's 7th weekend and Max's 5th. Whereas, San Andreas will only be in its 3rd weekend.

• Like 1