#ED

Weekend Official Estimates: SA 53.2m, PP 14.4m, TL 13.8m, MMFR 13.6m, AOU 10.9m, Aloha 10m

This thread is dead as downtown Detroit. Man whats with this forum? Every summer no matter the weekend, these threads were crawling with people, it was summer.

Now a late May thread cant even get 13 pages before 10 eastern. It like not as many overall people log on anymore. It doesnt feel as "crowded." Am I alone on this feeling? Just saying, we're about to have a $40M+ opener and its a snoozer in here. Didnt feel this way a couple summers ago.

Is it the lack of superheroes? Oof...

Classic Conversation Thread Killing the Fun out of Every other Thread ?

I remember a 30 pages derailment of Michael Fassbender s montages about his giant snake in a Friday Week end thread...

:unsure:  :wacko:  :ph34r:

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 1

Because these threads aren't allowed to go off topic anymore. I remember threads where people would discuss for pages at a time what tv shows or tv movies they were watching on a Friday night.

Classic Conversation Thread Killing the Fun out of Every Tread ?

I guess thats it

• Like 1

Predicted  16m OD exactly for SA going into the weekend, so looks like I'll be on the nose. Looks like Aloha will open to over 10m at the least. Didn't really get why so many people thought it wouldn't even do that. I mean it is still a big cast in a wide release movie after all, abysmal marketing or not.

Predicted  16m OD exactly for SA going into the weekend, so looks like I'll be on the nose. Looks like Aloha will open to over 10m at the least. Didn't really get why so many people thought it wouldn't even do that. I mean it is still a big cast in a wide release movie after all, abysmal marketing or not.

I'd call it smart marketing cause...

Let's be real...better marketing cost money, and that'd be a waste of money.

• Like 1

Someone should have told Disney about that about Tomorrowland.

Maybe they saved money on marketing because the trailer people didn't have to spend time understanding what the movie is about. Time saved is money saved!

• Like 1

Someone should have told Disney about that about Tomorrowland.

You don t abandon or throw a 190m tentpole under the bus.

Sony did that with Aloha but the movie cost 37m.

Edited by The Futurist

Nah. Brad Bird did Mission Impossible 4. He will be fine.

Now Andrew Stanton on the other hand... He had to crawl back to Pixar after John Carter. :P

No kidding.

Bird though...he doesn't have to do a Pixar movie to recover...

Oh wait...

No kidding.

Bird though...he doesn't have to do a Pixar movie to recover...

Oh wait...

Actually no release date has been announced for Incredibles 2, so Bird can make three more movies between now and Incredibles 2 for all we know. ;)