#ED

Weekend Official Estimates: SA 53.2m, PP 14.4m, TL 13.8m, MMFR 13.6m, AOU 10.9m, Aloha 10m

Good for SA, assuming it doesn't collapse in the weeks to come. I have no problem saying I didn't expect much for it a few weeks ago.

Next weekend should see a 35-40% drop due to minimal family/tentpole competition.

After JW, it has two weeks of no tentpole competition. And Terminator isn't exactly gigantic either.

SA should be able to score a 2.8x-3.3x with the lack of competition this June other than JW.

I like how most people didn't pick up that whilst Bullock got a triumphant ending, the Kessler syndrome's chain reaction that has been triggered by the russian satellite debris meant we have lost all of our modern technological devices to communicate going back 60 years in the past, goodbye to cell phones, television, internet and BOT forum.(That last one would be really horrifying :P )

Not ALL.

I mean, a huge chunk of LEO has been wiped clean, so it sucks. How much is kinda flexible, since the Hubble is about 160 km further than the ISS, but assume it would be a large swath. That would probably take out most any communications that are done via satellite constellations in that range would be taken out.

However, anything further than the damage distance would be fine. So anything in MEO, GEO, and even HEO (though I don't know how many are out that far) wouldn't be affected. The GPS satellites orbit at MEO and many broadcasting satellites are at GEO. So those are unaffected and could probably be utilized to keep up a communications network.

Besides that, much internet traffic goes via sub-ocean cable, not satellite, and again wouldn't be directly affected.

It would SUCK, but it's not going to completely set us back. The bigger issue is that it'd likely make it very difficult to get anything else up there. So there'd be a time while waiting for orbital decay of the debris and hoping that's less time than the lifespan of the remaining satellites that we'd be using.

• Like 1

that's somewhat underwhelming for San Andreas overseas especially considering it overperformed domestically. 

We need to know how many OS market SA opened in to consider if $60M opening is good or bad. 

How can you not know the rules at your own job? That Keith dude is an class A idiot:

Adjuster:

Showdowns

space.gif

Dwayne Johnson Showdown

How do Dwayne Johnson's movies compare to one another?

(Weekend Gross / Weekend End Date (Sun) / Weekend Rank / Theaters / Theater Avg. / % Last Wknd / Gross-to-Date)

More than 6 movies specified in function versus_weekend. Aborting (please select less than 6 movies.