Asyulus

Weekend Actuals | Spy 29.09M, SA 25.84M, Ins3 22.69M, Ent 10.28M, MM 7.83M, PP2 7.57M, TL 7.2M, AoU 6.34M

Yikes, Hitman is gonna be a flop for Fox.

What was Spy at for "official" tracking? I know many BOT members (myself included) were saying 40-45M but was anyone else saying that?

Official tracking was 30M, no idea where the 45M figure came from

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/envelope/cotown/la-et-ct-movie-projector-entourage-spy-insidious-chapter-3-20150604-story.html

The $45M number was a total ass-pull by some members here. Anything less than that would inevitably be spun as a disappointment even though no one in the industry would agree.

• Like 2

http://deadline.com/2015/06/spy-no-1-weekend-box-office-insidious-entourage-1201438729/

2nd UPDATE, Saturday, 12:12 AM: Can’t wait for Jurassic World to stomp into theaters to invigorate the box office as this weekend is a bit of a yawner. Spy, Fox’s Melissa McCarthy-starring comedy, grossed about $11.2M today (up 10% or so) for a revised three-day cume of anywhere from $29M to $30M. It got some pretty decent reviews but it only got a B+ CinemaScore so it remains to be seen how far word-of-mouth will carry it.

As some in Southern California were feeling the 3.4 quake tonight, audiences in theaters screening San Andreas didn’t flinch. Saturday moviegoing was up around 38% for the Dwayne ‘The Rock-solid social media darling’ Johnson, with an estimate take of $10.5M. The Warner Bros.’ film will likely end the weekend right in line with this morning’s estimates with about $25.5M; while it won’t cross the $100M this weekend, it’ll come very close with around $98M+.

The new, PG-13 horror entry from Focus/Gramercy, Insidious 3, dropped roughly 25% Saturday so will hit the lower end of our estimate for the three-day weekend to log in with about $23.2M. We expected a Saturday drop as these horror films are usually Friday front-loaded, but it is good enough for a No. 3 slot for Blumhouse.

• Like 1

Oh boy. JURASSIC WORLD please.

No matter what JW makes, it's going to disappoint some people on this forum. "It only made $___? Fuck that shit! I had it at $150! :angry: "

:rofl:

Edited by Age of Talkies
  • Like 1

Everyone, what JW number will disappoint you? 450 M? lol

I'd be happy with anything over 90 OW (although I hope it breaks the June record).

For total, I want it to make over 300, but I won't be disappointed if it's somewhere between 260-300m.

I am sorry, but SPY's opening weekend sucks. It was tracking at 40-45 million. I mean Jason Statham coming off Furious 7 & mellisa in summer comedy/action with months of screenings to spread the word, should have resulted in at least 35 million. No excuses.

I can't see a franchise unless it has great legs and ends up with 115+ million domestically.

You need to reevaluate your tracking source.

Tracking was $30-35m. Btw, tracking isn't usually right.

• Like 1

Ugh, Deadline updated but with no numbers for the important movie.

Wait, it did, I lied. 3m-3.2m. That's shit. Estimated weekend 7-7.5m Yeah, great legs, guys.

You confuse me.

Your avatar is from Mad Max. Yet you're the only person disappointed by its run. Even though it's dropping less than 50% week on week. Weird.

• Like 1

That's high imo. I predicted 290 M though lol. That's a 'hope' prediction.

I think 250 M is a good target. No?

Well, JP3 would make 260+ with current ticket prices. But of course summer movies have 3D, IMAX so JP3 would probably finish closer to 300M now.

Saw San Andreas and Fury Road at a not-exactly-local drive-in.

The experience was really cool. SA is breezy for a disaster epic, but still pretty fun. Fury Road is, as always, sheer brilliance from start to finish. I'll probably see it once more in theaters.

The downside of the drive-in is that the movies don't start until dusk, which is getting really late here in the Northwest. SA didn't start until 10 or so. I only got home at 3am.

Still, A++ experience. I hope I can do it at least once more this summer. Probably in August or September, when they can start playing the movies earlier.

• Like 4

Well, JP3 would make 260+ with current ticket prices. But of course summer movies have 3D, IMAX so JP3 would probably finish closer to 300M now.

From the trailer footage released so far, I don't see any must-see money shots anywhere.

This will open big no doubt but I don't get the buzz from the trailer the way I, and everyone

else, get from genre-cousin like Godzilla, or stuff like Mad Max, Gravity, Inception, or even

Prometheus.

• Like 1

From the trailer footage released so far, I don't see any must-see money shots anywhere.

This will open big no doubt but I don't get the buzz from the trailer the way I, and everyone

else, get from genre-cousin like Godzilla, or stuff like Mad Max, Gravity, Inception, or even

Prometheus.

I agree it looks like some generic summer blockbuster without its own face but people say JP is a huge brand so we'll see. :)