Asyulus

Weekend Actuals | Spy 29.09M, SA 25.84M, Ins3 22.69M, Ent 10.28M, MM 7.83M, PP2 7.57M, TL 7.2M, AoU 6.34M

I am sorry, but SPY's opening weekend sucks. It was tracking at 40-45 million. I mean Jason Statham coming off Furious 7 & mellisa in summer comedy/action with months of screenings to spread the word, should have resulted in at least 35 million. No excuses.

I can't see a franchise unless it has great legs and ends up with 115+ million domestically. But doing less than Bridesmaid and The Heat..will hurt since it is Paul Feig's best and most expensive movie. maketing sucked. Fox needs to fire their marketing department.

Now they have Paper Towns, Fantastic Four and Hitman for the summer....none of them have been marketed properly especially their superhero/CBM.

Fantastic Four has been marketed really well actually.

• Like 1

Ted 2 will decrease because there aren't any funny bits in the trailer. They're just assuming people still remember the first one.

Yeah, I can understand that...but I haven't watched the trailers yet..,and even if some trailers aren't that funny to some people...who cares about how it will do quality-wise? There could be surprises with Ted 2.

And let's not forget....Universal is on fire with their tent-poles this year..so I don't think Ted 2 will be the only one, Universal aren't bothering to market.

I think Spy will cross $30m for the weekend. Disappointing still as I predicted at least $40m'ish. Insidious 3 should have made at least $30m'ish since I2 crossed $40m. And Entourage honestly made about what I was expecting. So overall, sad weekend. I plan on seeing Spy tonight. Everything I've heard has me excited for it. Hopefully it has good legs and can leg it's way a decent amount past $100m.