I just started this show tonight and I'm already on episode 3 with no breaks, which is saying a lot because each episode is 2 hours long (1.5 without commercials). It's such an excellent show even for someone like me who's unfamilliar with the books and disliked the Warner Brothers movie.

Already 2 episodes through the second season in the UK and The Hounds of Baskerville episode is ok.I do like the RDJ Holmes, but yeah, it pales in comparison to this. Benedict Cumberbatch is incredible.

Edited by CoolioD1

I just watched the first episode of season 2 and I'm a bit confused, what side was Irene Adler on and what were her motives towards Sherlock? Somehow she was able to

get Moriaty to change his mind about killing Sherlock, but then later it seems like she was working for him when she told him about the plane. Why did she stop Moriaty and why did she have those photographs of Sherlock on her phone in the beginning?

This show takes breaks that are waaaaaay too long. Season 3 is currently set to begin production early 2013. WTF are they doing now?? We probably won't see the first episode until mid-late 2013, that's almost two years since season 2, which itself was 1.5 years from season 1. Why does this show take so long to make?

Because the writing is better than all US shows on broadcast tv combined ... and most of cable ones too Plus actors are kinda busy see Freeman is doing Hobbit ( kind of a huge thing ya know ) and Cumberbatch is probably in some stuff too Then there's Moffat arguably Britain's most sough after writer right now ( and rightfully so ) I want them to take time in order to give us something as great as first 6 episodes/movies so that Guy Ritchie realizes how much of a hack he really is