I really enjoyed that, I'm not sure whether we'll ever find out for certain how he survived though.

They might leave that to us. The last episode of season 2 has different clues related to that. There are even some videos on youtube explaining how he did it.

Hmmm just skipped a big ass party with a lot of promising attendants to stay at home and wait for Sherlock to air so I can download it and watch it straight away 

First impressions are - I'm glad the show's back ... but its a bit off don't you think ? They overly humanized Sherlock and took way too much liberty with fan service in the beggining of the episode and it just continued on till like 45-50th minute where they were like ' hey lets have him work on the case a bit now' ... and the case was sorta plain and too simple ... When they went into the tube I felt as though they got back in the groove it was rather exciting from there but it finished in the next 10 minutes ... introduction of the villain was nice hopefully he heats things up a bit 

All in all a bit of a letdown if you ask me ... hopefully this one is like the middle episodes of previous 2 seasons ( I thought they were the weakest ) and things pick up now that all the cute sitcom stuff is out of the way ( hopefully ) 

My thoughts

The episode is a mixed bag, the main mystery in the episode seems like an afterthought. The entire focus is on getting Holmes and Watson back together and that works very well. They do explain how they faked the death while still keeping things open for future changes in the explanation. They tease the audience with fake explanations as well which are similar to fan theories.

The final scene does set up a new threat though and hopefully that is followed through in the next 2 episodes.Overall I would say this episode does pretty well as long as you can ignore the fact that the main story is not that great and instead is used to get our heroes back together. Would say 7/10.

Basically, the writers spent 86 minutes trolling the fanbase completely.

Edited by grim22

Man, the epsisode was so funny,..and I liked a lot overall. Here are some quotes that made me cry with laughter>

I've tried talking to him.He made his position quite clear.

What did he say?Fu...Cough.

Oh, dear.

:rofl:

Absolutely nothing to be ashamed of,Mrs Reeves.It's very common,but I'm recommending a course of...

Monkey glands,but enough about Professor Presbury.

:lol:

Mr Windibank, you have beena complete and utter... 

Piss pot.

:lol:

Very clever editing in this show :)

I am watching season 2 right now and will see the first episode of season 3 also this weekend (saw season 1 a few years ago). When do the next 2 episodes of season 3 come out?

Edited by CJohn