well well well episode 3 was certainly interesting ,  i was so not expecting mrs watson ,hmmm

i'm with john on this why couldnt she be normal, even if per usual sherlock always makes sense

i was very happy to see more of sherlock parents , him and microft are so weirdly unique ....

and sherlock having a gf lolllll , john being dumbfounded about that ha! 

i was afraid at the end they'd have his plane explode, for some reason it reminds me of a scene in another show or film  james bond?hmmm

shortest plane ride ever  :lol:

can't believe its already over , darn british and their uber short seasons 

of course the wait will be excruciatingly long indeed

• Like 1

I just watched the 1st episode of season 3 but it was recorded from a channel with ads and the recording missed the last 5 minutes. Anyway, there was an ad at the point on the train carriage with the bomb when one of the possible explanations for Sherlock's death was revealed then another ad at the end of this explanation. I was watching with other people and this just lost us all. You couldn't tell who's POV it was and nor could you tell how it related to what was happening before the ad break. We even rewinded the recording to see if we missed something. The comedic elements of the episode were brilliant but the whole structure just seemed a bit of mess. I think I'll have to download a version without adds.

Edited by DeeCee
  • Like 1

After rewatching the whole season again I have to say that it holds up much better than the first time around. Its obvious that the insane 2 year hype was gonna let everyone down no matter what they did so they went with the tongue in cheek and slow burn approach to it

When you watch it again you'll see what I mean

• Like 1

Yep saw the news today

My guess is that the one-off episode is going to be a prequel ( probably set between season 1 and 2 ... or around that time )

They are certainly not gonna go into the whole cliffhanger thing they created at the end of series 3 in just one movie ... frankly, given the tone of the series 3 I am looking forward to this one-off movie since they will probably focus solely on the case at hand ... I hope its a good one

great news though the wheels are in motion that's very nice

Just watched this on Netflix. Mrs. Watson shooting Sherlock was quite shocking. And, I was also very surprised that Sherlock just killed the guy like that.

Something did seem off though about Mrs. Watson from the get go. However, because Sherlock never said anything, I put my gut instinct aside.

I still don't know how Moriaty can really be alive. With Sherlock he does say it is a magic trick before jumping off and he does tell John to look at him which is something that a magician would ask someone to do for an elaborate magic trick. Still though, I am not sure what is the true story of how Sherlock faked his death.

Just watched this on Netflix. Mrs. Watson shooting Sherlock was quite shocking. And, I was also very surprised that Sherlock just killed the guy like that.

Something did seem off though about Mrs. Watson from the get go. However, because Sherlock never said anything, I put my gut instinct aside.

I still don't know how Moriaty can really be alive. With Sherlock he does say it is a magic trick before jumping off and he does tell John to look at him which is something that a magician would ask someone to do for an elaborate magic trick. Still though, I am not sure what is the true story of how Sherlock faked his death.

You kinda missed the point of the 'reveal/s' - the hype was insane everyone was speculating so they went in and combined all the theories to create a little something for everyone without disappointing people ( which was bound to happen to a certain extent no matter what ... they just tried to disappoint them as little as possible ). I'm talking about the explanation he offers to Anderson in the end of the episode. If you watch that scene again they left so much nods to the viewer to basically either believe Sherlock or still have their own scenarios about how he did it.

If Moriarty really is alive or not we're gonna be finding out in around 2 years or so given the schedules of everyone and plans they have.

I'm super excited for a one-off episode next year and I'm 90 % certain its gonna be set in the period between the first and second series.