Jurassic World (2015)

158 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it:

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

The movie never mentions it can jam electronics, then as Dash says, why can they use all those guns and cameras if I-Rex could?

One thing that sorta infuriated me was almost like clockwork, I could point out who was going to die by their skin color. After the gratuitous "two minorities die first", they made light-skinned people fair game. Only had like one token black guy for the whole plot to help the blue eyed white saviors. 

Oh please, most of the white people in the film were assholes.

Edited by jessie
  • Like 1

Thankfully, the sexism that might have been there is pretty much not. Howard's character is fine, and dare I say, possibly the best in the film. I have to say, I was impressed by her. She's no Furiosa, but she actually gets to have a bit of fun. My being impressed with the movie stops there. It's standard, safe blockbuster fare for most of it, and even Pratt doesn't get to have a lot of fun. I counted more cliches and rip-offs in this movie than product placements (No, because you make a joke about does not make it instantly less annoying). Honestly, on the drive home, nothing really stood out for me in the long run. Having said that, it's fun, albeit fairly disposable entertainment. It's not something to bring your brain to, but it could have been a lot worse. It's decently enjoyable for what it is.

Wait so you were arguing with me about sexism in this film a few days ago without having actually seen the film? lol, what a moron.

I agree about the product placement, I didn't notice it, let alone get distracted by it.

Edited by jessie

Why there are some films where I can see who voted what and other films like Jurassic World where I can't ???

Mods, any ideas ?

Because when I used to create all the threads, I always included that feature, but with me being AWOL for the last 6 months, I don't think Kelli was ever shown how to do that.  I'll mention it to her.

• Like 2

Wait so you were arguing with me about sexism in this film a few days ago without having actually seen the film? lol, what a moron.

I agree about the product placement, I didn't notice it, let alone get distracted by it.

If you had actually paid attention to what I was saying, you'll know that I was speaking in general terms and never mentioned anything specific to the movie. 

I am not getting into this again. End of story.

Edited by Spaghetti

If you had actually paid attention to what I was saying, you'll know that I was speaking in general terms and never mentioned anything specific to the movie. 

I am not getting into this again. End of story.

strangest sounding apology ive ever heard.

The only similarity is that they both have fist pumping "fuck yeah" moments during the climax, though I think JP4 tops Godzilla's climax. JP4 had several things that just made me incredibly happy during that third act.

1. T-Rex

2. The flare to lead T-Rex (homage to Goldblum in the original)

3. T-Rex vs. I-Rex

4. Mososaur finishing off the I-Rex (equal to the atomic breath in Godzilla)

I wish the MUTO's were never in Godzilla to begin with, so the entire third act with them fighting is mostly a bore until you get to the atomic breath.

• Like 1

Well, let's see,

• The humans are ultimately pretty helpless during the whole situation
  • Famous monster from previous iterations has to face a new, horrific threat
  • Giant monster fight at the end of the movie, good monster wins and retreats
  • Said battle also happens at night and climaxes in water
  • People fleeing and panicking, ends with big reunion at emergency relief center

kanye%20sayin.jpg

Just to reiterate, I didn't dislike this movie. I was just making an observation.

Edited by Spaghetti
  • Like 5

But how do you know they copied it? The movies came out just a year apart and post-production for these mega projects takes a long time. The scripts and shooting and all of that would have been too far along with JP4 for them to have been influenced directly by GZ2014. Maybe it's just a random coincidence.

The only similarity is that they both have fist pumping "fuck yeah" moments during the climax, though I think JP4 tops Godzilla's climax. JP4 had several things that just made me incredibly happy during that third act.

1. T-Rex

2. The flare to lead T-Rex (homage to Goldblum in the original)

3. T-Rex vs. I-Rex

4. Mososaur finishing off the I-Rex (equal to the atomic breath in Godzilla)

I wish the MUTO's were never in Godzilla to begin with, so the entire third act with them fighting is mostly a bore until you get to the atomic breath.

Those 4 are perfect.  I would add the little glance TRex and Blue made to each other. It alluded to their checkered past and was a neat touch as unrealistic as it was.

• Like 1