Jurassic World (2015)

158 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it:

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Actually, JP3 raptors not JP2. Sorry about that. They weren't just able to open doors, weren't they talking to each other? We saw some of that in JP4 as well (and I-Rex was able to talk to them too).

It seems I-Rex can speak Raptor-ese fluently on his first day out to turn them against humans instead of trying to bite him but not T-Rex-ese.

Edited by MADash Rendar
  • Like 1

Yes.

Also I'd like to point out the way the I-Rex broke out was super dumb and bothered me but end of the day it's not a make or break thing.

I don't recall them mentioning that in the movie if she was the original from JP1

• Like 1

Second screening random thoughts:

I could care less about the divorce talk between the kids, honestly could have skipped that in the movie.

Found it hilarious they got a car working after it sat there for 20 years, just by changing the battery.

The real hero of the movie is Bryce somehow managing to run through the whole film in high heels. Kinda bothered me that she out ran a T-Rex with a flare when Malcolm couldn't do it in the first movie lawl. Anyways whatever, that fight was enough to save it.

The "villain" went through that stupid use dinosaurs for war line a bit too much honestly, he could have just said it once or twice. 

The giant sea dinosaur looked great in 2D. 

That old guy with the drinks in the pterodactyl scene was gold, made my screening laugh.

Also, the island needs more cellphone towers.  :lol:

Teenage boys can do more then stare at girls lol. 

I do very much like the line about dinosaurs aren't real, like Wu points out. You can use this to justify why they don't have feathers or anything. Honestly, JP dinosaurs always look great.

Poor Blue left on the island by herself, all her siblings dead. 

• Like 1

TLW is a tedious slog.  JP3 is really stupid but a lot easier to get through than TLW.

JW is an amusing self-aware cheesefest that is mocking itself as it goes along.  It genuinely had me lol'ing quite a bit and I gotta give it some points for that

So a lot of you are a OK that the movie is that dumb, because it is aware of this?! Than, why do most of you who lovee/liked  JW  hate Transformers or other Bay films?!

Yes, i know this is just a summer blockbuster movie but while watching i thought that - Ok, stupid thing №1, №2, №3,№4,№5 ....before the fight between T-Rex and I-Rex when BDH outran a giant dinosaur on high heels i said enough - this movie is brain damaging. 

• Like 2

Second screening random thoughts:

I could care less about the divorce talk between the kids, honestly could have skipped that in the movie.

Found it hilarious they got a car working after it sat there for 20 years, just by changing the battery.

The real hero of the movie is Bryce somehow managing to run through the whole film in high heels. Kinda bothered me that she out ran a T-Rex with a flare when Malcolm couldn't do it in the first movie lawl. Anyways whatever, that fight was enough to save it.

The "villain" went through that stupid use dinosaurs for war line a bit too much honestly, he could have just said it once or twice. 

The giant sea dinosaur looked great in 2D. 

That old guy with the drinks in the pterodactyl scene was gold, made my screening laugh.

Also, the island needs more cellphone towers.  :lol:

Teenage boys can do more then stare at girls lol. 

I do very much like the line about dinosaurs aren't real, like Wu points out. You can use this to justify why they don't have feathers or anything. Honestly, JP dinosaurs always look great.

Poor Blue left on the island by herself, all her siblings dead. 

Just read that the I-Rex has the ability to jam cellphones and other electronic devices nearby. 

• Like 1

Just read that the I-Rex has the ability to jam cellphones and other electronic devices nearby. 

I don't remember it being mentioned in the film. Thermal yes, camo yes, but nothing about jamming electronics. 

Also, if Blue and the T-Rex had fist pumped I wouldn't even been mad. Granted, the T-Rex doesn't have much in the way of hands lol. 

• Like 1

So a lot of you are a OK that the movie is that dumb, because it is aware of this?! Than, why do most of you who lovee/liked  JW  hate Transformers or other Bay films?!

Yes, i know this is just a summer blockbuster movie but while watching i thought that - Ok, stupid thing №1, №2, №3,№4,№5 ....before the fight between T-Rex and I-Rex when BDH outran a giant dinosaur on high heels i said enough - this movie is brain damaging. 

Jurassic World doesn't force you to look at John Turturro's ass, for starters

Edited by tribefan695
  • Like 1

I don't remember it being mentioned in the film. Thermal yes, camo yes, but nothing about jamming electronics. 

Also, if Blue and the T-Rex had fist pumped I wouldn't even been mad. Granted, the T-Rex doesn't have much in the way of hands lol. 

Well it may not be mentioned in the film.  But you think they have advanced communications with clear signal.  First one "jamming" when Owen and 2 others were in the paddock of the I-Rex and they were being warned but it was hard to understand the words going through the walkie talkie.  And also Howard's character was in contact with control room clearly when she was in her car and away from the cage.  Second one was when Claire tried to contact the kids through their cell phone and it wouldn't get through.  Why is that?  Was I-Rex nearby hunting them?  Claire was able to contact with the babysitter and no problems in talking with her or even Claire's sister.  This could be attempt to make the I-Rex having another military capability.

• Like 1

I think thats less about the I-Rex's capabilities and more along the lines that electronics never work when the protagonists of movies are in danger.

The inability for a car to start doesn't mean Jason Voorhees can remotely jam carburetors.

• Like 1

Aren't the special forces using tasers rifle on the I-Rex, are they? Taser rifles feature electronics circuits and each member of the squad got embedded electronics devices displaying and transmitting their vital datas and POV like Aliens marines. If I-rex could actually jam electronics, the HQ wouldn't see anything on the screens in real time. Sorry, that's a plot contrivance you see in all monster movies.

Edited by MADash Rendar
  • Like 1