Jurassic World (2015)

158 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it:

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

The very first shot (post egg scene) sets the movie up so well.

DUMDUMDUM

*close up of scaley foot*

Pan back to see it's....pigeon.

:P

This movie was hilarious. Bryce Dallas Howard's comedic timing was PERFECT. "She's Brittish, LOL they like invented nannies LOL".

My fav part was when the Indominous Rex finally died and everyone breathed a sigh of relief despite there being a fucking T-Rex, not to mention a velociraptor and a shit load of pterodactyls still on the lose.  

Rexy was hurting while Blue is Pratts boy.

Never seen audience erupt in applause like

1) when everybody figured out Claire was getting the T-Rex. You could hear the theater buzzing and when it appeared everybody was like " :D :D :D "

and

2) Nobody liked seeing Rex getting her shit pushed in Dommy, but Blue appeared in full attack mode sprint and music blared, a ton of people clapped, and then when rex flips dommy and the sea dino appears out of nowhere and eats it, shit ya not, a bunch of people stood up and clapped as if they had just seen a LeBron James alley oop dunk or something. It was RIDICULOUS.

I wish I had recorded the latter on my phone. The whole sequence is so cheesy but everybody was buying it.

• Like 2

Never seen audience erupt in applause like

1) when everybody figured out Claire was getting the T-Rex. You could hear the theater buzzing and when it appeared everybody was like " :D :D :D "

and

2) Nobody liked seeing Rex getting her shit pushed in Dommy, but Blue appeared in full attack mode sprint and music blared, a ton of people clapped, and then when rex flips dommy and the sea dino appears out of nowhere and eats it, shit ya not, a bunch of people stood up and clapped as if they had just seen a LeBron James alley oop dunk or something. It was RIDICULOUS.

I wish I had recorded the latter on my phone. The whole sequence is so cheesy but everybody was buying it.

All of that stuff at the end was fucking awesome. So glad T-Rex got to play an important role at the end. The Mososaur was friggin' incredible every time they showed her.

• Like 2

The very first shot (post egg scene) sets the movie up so well.

DUMDUMDUM

*close up of scaley foot*

Pan back to see it's....pigeon.

:P

This movie was hilarious. Bryce Dallas Howard's comedic timing was PERFECT. "She's Brittish, LOL they like invented nannies LOL".

Yeah I thought that was extremely clever.

Yes, lets walk inside the pen before confirming that the I-Rex has infact escaped by checking its motion tracker device.

Brilliant work humans, brilliant work!

Like you said, they didn't expect the I-Rex to be so smart. It's not as if one of the human would think "hang on a minute, maybe this Dinasour is tricking us and hiding from us with its comoflauge ability the guys in the lab are yet to tell us about?"

You are nit picking, if a dangerous creature like that is believed to have escaped, humans won't be expecting Mr I-Rex to come up with an elaborate plan up its sleeve, nor would they waste any time.

Edited by jessie

Like you said, they didn't expect the I-Rex to be so smart. It's not as if one of the human would think "hang on a minute, maybe this Dinasour is tricking us and hiding from us with its comoflauge ability the guys in the lab are yet to tell us about?"

I love how people try making themselves sound smarter by putting a film down but only end up making themselves look dumb in the process. You are not picking, if a dangerous creature like that is believed to have escaped, humans won't be expecting Mr I-Rex to come up with an elaborate plan up its sleeve, nor would they waste any time.

Would you go into the I-rex paddock if you're being asked to without double-checking its motion tracker BEFOREHANDS to be sure he's not cunning you and actually playing hide and seek with you inside the paddock?

(Of course, the whole security got to be based on body heat, of course the motion tracker is only based on body heat and of course nobody knew the I-rex could regulate its own temperature until then. Don't the dinos have scientists supervising and monitoring their health/metabolism on a daily basis? We got to believe than nobody other than evil Dr Wu had even noticed this characteristic in his genetic make-up or by observing it until then? Are they all idiots?)

It's baffling how contrived it was, how the characters were rendered dumb enough to think the I-rex had really escaped despite having a big containment wall, workers all around that could have witnessed a 15 meters beast escape, security guards, cameras all around and you know the fuckin' motion tracker they monitor from the park's HQ confirming the I-Rex is still in his paddock and not at large sipping on margaritas.

That would have been less baffling if the I-rex just dug a hole underneath the paddock and then trapped people in there, anticipating a cycle or a weakness in the containment's security or that a shady worker at the HQ tied to D'Onofrio's agenda lied about the motion tracker (or desactivate it) so Pratt and the fat guys could open the door to get eaten. The script just wanted a contrived excuse to bring protagonists into the paddock by lowering their IQ and common sense so the I-rex looks really smart (Or everyone working in this park are just bubbling goofs, don't know how it could have run for 10 years before those events without incidents seeing how they handle the situations depicted with sheer levels of dumbfounded incompetence)

Last time, I experience that kind of "Everyone be stupid for plot's advancement" was the Prometheus scene when the two morons managed to get lost in a cave despite having real time GPS coordinates and the captain monitoring their geographic position using embedded cameras and a 3D holographic map.

Edited by MADash Rendar
  • Like 3

What an awesome theatre experience I had.

The first half of the film, IMO, was a lot of fun, entertaining, but not spectacular. The second half (the last half hour in particular) was sensational.  I don't remember a film that gave a me the chills straight through like the last half hour.

Before I get to the ending, I'll touch on a few other things. Seeing the park functioning and operational was amazing. (And in my opinion was a big part of the draw on its way to $200 million plus in the OW). The gyroshpere, the fishtank, monorail etc- loved it.

The action was fantastic. When I-Rex busts up the gyrosphere and chases the kids into the waterfall, the pteredactals running loose, and the raptors-it was all top notch.

I thought Pratt, and BDH were great.  I didn't have any major problems with the kids so I was happy with the performances.  It was really cool seeing Wong back as well.

One of my biggest concerns after watching the trailers was how would they execute the trained raptors.  I felt it could be great or just horrible.  I'm happy to report they pulled it off.  The raptors were somewhat tame but also loose cannons. Even when they were helping-they could turn at any second. I thought they were executed as well as could be.

The only thing I would say is that Treverrow wasn't able to build the suspense Spielberg did in JP (and even The Lost World).  There was incredible tension in JP building up to the action (TRex scene, Raptors in the kitchen, Final scene of JP).  Even the Lost World, with mixed reviews, had some amazing scenes of suspenseful buildup (The trailer over the cliff/TRex attack, TRex in the camp, Raptors in the field).  That tension was never there in this one.  But saying someone doesn't live up to Spielberg is like saying a hockey player doesn't live up to Wayne Gretzky.  Nobody can match SS so that is to be expected.  Overall Treverrow did a great job of delivering the goods.

Finally, the ending. I could not have written up a better last half hour to the movie. When they said "We need more teeth" and BDH opened up the gate and pulled out the flare...Chills.  When the T-Rex came roaring out to mess up the I-Rex...chills.  When the monosaur came out of nowhere (ala SL Jackson-Deep Blue Sea) to get I-Rex....chills.  When the T-Rex and Raptor gave knowing glances for a job well done....chills. You get the point.  As a die hard fan of the original-that was pure bliss.  And for people that don't have a connection to the original-it is still an amazing action ender and a sure fire crowd pleaser.

It pretty much hit all the points I wanted to see.  And it treated the T-Rex like a conquering here with the respect it deserved.

Overall, an awesome movie that I can't wait to see again.

• Like 2

Would you go into the I-rex paddock if you're being asked to without double-checking its motion tracker BEFOREHANDS to be sure he's not cunning you and actually playing hide and seek with you inside the paddock?

It's baffling how contrived it was, how the characters were rendered dumb enough to think the I-rex had really escaped despite having a big containment wall, workers all around that could have witnessed a 15 meters beast escape, security guards, cameras all around and you know the fuckin' motion tracker they monitor from the park's HQ confirming the I-Rex is still in his paddock and not at large sipping on margaritas.

That would have been less baffling if the I-rex just dug a hole underneath the paddock and then trapped people in there, anticipating a cycle or a weakness in the containment's security or that a shady worker at the HQ tied to D'Onofrio's agenda lied about the motion tracker (or desactivate it) so Pratt and the fat guys could open the door to get eaten. The script just wanted a contrived excuse to bring protagonists into the paddock by lowering their IQ and common sense so the I-rex looks really smart even if that doesn't make any sense.(Or everyone working in this park are just bubbling goofs, don't know how it could have run for 10 years without incidents seeing how they handle the situations depicted with sheer levels of dumbfounded incompetence)

Last time, I experience that kind of "Everyone be stupid for plot's advancement" was the Prometheus scene when the two morons managed to get lost in a cave despite having real time GPS coordinates and the captain monitoring their geographic position using embedded cameras and a 3D holographic map.

Personally I wouldn't go in there regardless because it looks like it would be infested with spiders, but your missing the point. They all thought of the dinosaurs as big dumb animals, they saw scratch marks on the walls and in a moment of panic they assumed it had escaped. Understandable given the fact he wasn't showing up on infrared and all signs pointed to the thing climbing out. Its not like they knew it had camouflage capabilities so in their head, that beast had escaped whether guards witnessed it or not. This puts tourists lives in danger so its perfectly understandable why they would rush to conclusions in a moment of panic.  

As for cameras, why would you assume people keep an eye on security cameras 24-7? I mean the dumbest thing you can really say about this seem is how implausible it is for a dinosaur to come up with this genius plan in the first place, even that wouldn't be a fair complaint seeing as we don't know just how intelligent dinosaurs were. Nit picking little scenes like this must make a movie going experience such a slog for you guys. You are literally trying to make the scene sound dumber than it actually is just to make yourselves sound more intelligent and its not working.

And no, its not comparable in the slightest to Prometheus, I mean seriously that movie was a cluster fuck in terms of people doing dumb shit and what made it worse was how seriously the movie took itself. This is just a fun popcorn blockbusters not meant to be taken seriously and even though its silly in places, its not on the same level as Promethues, not even close.

Personally I wouldn't go in there regardless because it looks like it would be infested with spiders, but your missing the point. They all thought of the dinosaurs as big dumb animals, they saw scratch marks on the walls and in a moment of panic they assumed it had escaped. Understandable given the fact he wasn't showing up on infrared and all signs pointed to the thing climbing out. Its not like they knew it had camouflage capabilities so in their head, that beast had escaped whether guards witnessed it or not. This puts tourists lives in danger so its perfectly understandable why they would rush to conclusions in a moment of panic.  

As for cameras, why would you assume people keep an eye on security cameras 24-7? I mean the dumbest thing you can really say about this seem is how implausible it is for a dinosaur to come up with this genius plan in the first place, even that wouldn't be a fair complaint seeing as we don't know just how intelligent dinosaurs were. Nit picking little scenes like this must make a movie going experience such a slog for you guys. You are literally trying to make the scene sound dumber than it actually is just to make yourselves sound more intelligent and its not working.

And no, its not comparable in the slightest to Prometheus, I mean seriously that movie was a cluster fuck in terms of people doing dumb shit and what made it worse was how seriously the movie took itself. This is just a fun popcorn blockbusters not meant to be taken seriously and even though its silly in places, its not on the same level as Promethues, not even close.

Because there's a super dangerous 26 millions dollars dinosaur with Einstein's IQ in there that is the most important thing for Jurassic World's owners to depend on? Yeah, we're supposed to accept that Dinos caretakers can't know or notice that the dino they're supposed to monitor 24/7 can camouflage or regulate its body heat to trick heat sensors up to that day just because evil Wu didn't tell them (and its own boss that asked and paid him to create the dino because it's "classified", wut?) so let's go inside the paddock without asking the HQ beforehands about checking the GPS tracking device that is put in the dino just in case he messed with the thermal detection. Of course, BDH had to let the guys go in there and went away in her Mercedes to make a call, instead of just calling the HQ to check for the GPS tracker by staying there at the pen and avoid employees to get killed in the paddock by sending them to their death. Excuse me but that relied too much on "protagonists be real dumb for the plot to work" case. That the giant beast could sneak out sight unseen is dumb especially knowing how much it's supposed to represent for the park's owners and investors.

Edited by MADash Rendar
  • Like 1

Because there's a super dangerous 26 millions dollars dinosaur with Einstein's IQ in there that is the most important thing for Jurassic World's owners to depend on? Yeah, we're supposed to accept that Dinos caretakers can't know or notice that the dino they're supposed to monitor 24/7 can camouflage or regulate its body heat to trick heat sensors up to that day just because evil Wu didn't tell them so let's go inside the paddock without asking the HQ beforehands. Excuse me but that relied too much on "protagonists be real dumb for the plot to work" case. That the giant beast could sneak out sight unseen is dumb especially knowing how much it's supposed to represent for the park's owners and investors.

lol 'excuse me lab workers, just a stab in the dark but before we go in there you haven't by any chance given this dinosaur camouflage capability have you? Oh you have? what a coincidence, its a good job I asked then wasn't it'

yeah that wouldn't have sounded stupid at all. You must have gone into this movie wanting to dislike it Dash. The trailers weren't particularly great, it looked fairly stupid and you're complaining about minor parts being silly? If anything Dash your the dumbass expecting a brain challenging movie out of this given everything we'd seen about it before hand.  

I just don't get it how out of all the silly moments in this film, this is what you're focussing on? Why not slam the ending? where the humans thought the best idea to keep the people safe from the I-rex is to unleash the T-rex which ate everyone 20 years ago?

lol 'excuse me lab workers, just a stab in the dark but before we go in there you haven't by any chance given this dinosaur camouflage capability have you? Oh you have? what a coincidence, its a good job I asked then wasn't it'

yeah that wouldn't have sounded stupid at all. You must have gone into this movie wanting to dislike it Dash. The trailers weren't particularly great, it looked fairly stupid and you're complaining about minor parts being silly? If anything Dash your the dumbass expecting a brain challenging movie out of this given everything we'd seen about it before hand.  

I just don't get it how out of all the silly moments in this film, this is what you're focussing on? Why not slam the ending? where the humans thought the best idea to keep the people safe from the I-rex is to unleash the T-rex which ate everyone 20 years ago?

No, I didn't expect a movie to ask me to be real dumb like those characters for me to enjoy. Oh yeah, I could litter pages about those many dumb moments throughout the movie, it's almost like a parody of monster movies cliches, it's just one too many.

So by your logic, a caretaker whose job is watching over chameleons in a zoo every day can't observe that a fuckin' chameleon can change colors because scientists never told him that chameleons have the capacity of adapting their environment by changing the color of their skin?

Edited by MADash Rendar