K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

JW was good in fact it was really good... But the other movie I saw last night was better without a doubt :ph34r:

It better not be Paul Blart 2 or Tomorrowland.

• Like 2

Jesus. This is Furious 7 all over again. It's just getting higher and higher.

I think this really speaks for how huge and iconic JP is. That after years of being a dormant franchise, the new one is opening with $150 million plus.

I think Deadline is literally trolling this forum:

When you get this big, there aren't many other openers you can compare it to though. You can't use the May openers, because those Fridays are schooldays.

• Like 1

$18.5 million pre

$56.5 million Fri ($75 million) 

$67 million Sat ($142 million) 

$42 million Sun ($184 million)

Crazy this could legitimately do $175-185 million OW. I hope that doesn't negatively impact Inside Out's potential OW/DOM run 

• Like 1

I think this really speaks for how huge and iconic JP is. That after years of being a dormant franchise, the new one is opening with $150 million plus.

JP2 and JP3 were nice, but "THE PARK IS OPEN" is the logical sequel we've all been waiting for since 1993.

Similarly, The Force Awakens is the sequel we've all been waiting for since 1983.

• Like 3

It's Jurassic Park...I mean who wouldn't want to visit to a place like that...

F*ck if I had billions, I would totally build one...

If JW opens to $160 million or more, I don't think Inside Out is making it to first place next weekend. I can't see JW dropping more than 55% next weekend with Father's Day to boost it.

If JW opens to $160 million or more, I don't think Inside Out is making it to first place next weekend. I can't see JW dropping more than 55% next weekend with Father's Day to boost it.

Then Day After Tomorrow's record very well could go down.

Inside Out with $70-80 million, JW with $75-85 million. Huge weekend either way lol.