K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

It is smashing when one has already burned off $300m in demand...

IMO, CJohn has made it sound like Inside Out is gonna bomb. It's still safe for 200M+, which is perfectly admirable for an animated movie any time of the year, although most are hoping for 250m+.

Just because Jurassic World is performing over expectations doesn't make if Inside Out doesn't open up to 100M a disappointment

I showed up 20 minutes early to my showing Thursday night and bought my ticket at the box office and got the best seat in the theater and all these people are like IT'S SOLD OUT NUUUUU I DON'T KNOW WHAT FANDANGO ISSSSSS

What a fantastic shot in the arm the box office has taken this year after this dismal doomsday looking affair of last year. I think Inside Out and Minions are both about to have very successful runs too.

Inside Out

Minions

Pixels

Mission: Impossible - Rogue Nation

None of these will top Jurassic World, but the four should prove summer has plenty of juice left in it.

IMO, CJohn has made it sound like Inside Out is gonna bomb. It's still safe for 200M+, which is perfectly admirable for an animated movie any time of the year, although most are hoping for 250m+.

Just because Jurassic World is performing over expectations doesn't make if Inside Out doesn't open up to 100M a disappointment

No, it just means the movie is getting totally overshadowed. Even TA2 is and that one is gonna finish with 460. Inside Out will probably have a very good opening and total, but it's gonna be in the background the entire time. Jurassic World is the story of summer 2015 and maybe the story of the entire year when it's all said and done.

Ugh I wanted that older kid to just get eaten alive. Annoying as hell. If this were R-rated, I would have had that fucker boning a chick and then get his dick bitten off by a Raptor. Really despised him. His little brother was great though. "They're not gonna do anything if you keep on staring at them" lol.

• Like 3

RIP Inside Out.

Here's me anecdotal evidence: walked by AMC Empire 25 today around 2 and it was packed. Then later I walked into Regal Union Square to ask for free posters (lol) and it seemed pretty empty.

It's a walk-up business movie though; I think the lines are only really happening in big cities.

I showed up 20 minutes early to my showing Thursday night and bought my ticket at the box office and got the best seat in the theater and all these people are like IT'S SOLD OUT NUUUUU I DON'T KNOW WHAT FANDANGO ISSSSSS

The whole present buying tickets thing still makes no sense to me :lol:

It's a walk-up business movie though; I think the lines are only really happening in big cities.

Empire is like the single most visited theater in the country and Union Square is probably up there as well.

No, it just means the movie is getting totally overshadowed. Even TA2 is and that one is gonna finish with 460. Inside Out will probably have a very good opening and total, but it's gonna be in the background the entire time. Jurassic World is the story of summer 2015 and maybe the story of the entire year when it's all said and done.

Well, eh... that's just the way it goes. I mean, last year, Big Hero 6 legged it to 220M+ but everyone here was too busy looking at Interstellar. Same earlier this year with Fifty Shades doing its stuff while SpongeBob somehow got to 160M+. Even Home, which practically everyone thought would bomb to 60M DOM, legged it to 170M+ without anyone paying attention to it because of Furious 7.

It's just the way it works around here for animated movies I guess. I bet Minions will be ignored on here after opening weekend because people will be hyping Ant-Man and Pixels.

It's just the way it works around here for animated movies I guess. I bet Minions will be ignored on here after opening weekend because people will be hyping Ant-Man and Pixels.

Not sure. Minions could be huge enough that people will want to follow that run very closely.