K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

Zemekis had never done what Cameron achieved. LOL

Dude you are a serious and worse and a fabricater of untruths lol. ROFL. What Zemekis achieve is animation not creating a world so realistic that you cant tell whats CGi and whats not throughout the movie. You got to be on meds lol

Cameron didn't achieve a single bump map, subsurface scattering algorithm, or motion-tracking facial rig.  Hard-working men in the VFX industry did, and they were the same men who worked on 'Beowulf' and 'A Polar Express'.

You have absolutely zero clue what you're babbling about in terms of these VFX.  Zero.

Why the fuck would they? JW isn't coming close TA ww or DH2 ww total. All the morons coming out of the woodwork.

I think it will beat both. JW will gross $525M+ DOM alone. Should at least match Ultron WW. Definitely beating DH2 WW. It'll be over $1B after next weekend.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

Since the books are better than the films, I'd rather read the story that's gonna be in Fantastic Beasts. So I'm not super looking forward to it.

You clearly don't know anything about the project.

The HP spin-off without any of the integral HP characters is gonna crush JW.

"The third Jurassic Park sequel without any of the original characters or director is going to crush TA"

The HP spin-off of course. It will be worth the waiting when it crushes records (OS I mean, and only if WB manages to open everywhere at once, like JW; I still find it unbelievable that DOM never gave Potter an over 400m movie, even with 3D).

HP has to many loonies, that rush it in the opening weekend and there for give it realy bad legs.

I don't know if the HP spinoff will do as good, because harry poter was HP because of Harry poter :D

Is this the smallest amount an OW record has been broken?

If you mean percentage-wise, no. Ghostbusters II beat Indiana Jones & the Last Crusade by 0.4% in 1989.

In dollar value, also no, but it could be the smallest increase since Jurassic Park beat Batman Returns by $1,339,117.

For these giant OW's with big preview numbers my weekend #2 calculation is (OW-previews) * 0.45 and it gets pretty close for most big movies, FF7, TDKR, IM3, even HP:DH2 isn't too far off. Avengers doesn't work but that was a whole different story than JW imo. I think this will be around $85m next weekend.

I'll say it grosses right around Ultron's 2nd weekend.

Oh. Er, I don't think it's gonna come anywhere close to any record.

No worries, you are entitled to your wrong opinion, Tele :P But I bet on the consistency HP had. The fanbase was the most loyal fan base in movie history. Nothing comes even close. Even if it falls 80m from the DH2 OS OW, if it opens in China at the same time it will break the record. And it will. Mark my words. 

You clearly don't know anything about the project.

"The third Jurassic Park sequel without any of the original characters or director is going to crush TA"

But the dinosaurs have always been the main draw with the JP series. What's the main draw in HP-land, Harry and his friends, or the general universe?

• Like 2

Why the fuck would they? JW isn't coming close TA ww or DH2 ww total. All the morons coming out of the woodwork.

See, it's the tone of your post and the fact you're calling me a "moron" that makes me say stuff like this. You seem very salty to me.