K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

Not if you don't count the 3D re-release.

In 1993, Universal had the two biggest WW films of all time. Then it took 15 years for them to get another $600M WW grosser (Mamma Mia), another 5 to get one over $700M (Furious 6) and a second over $900M (Despicable Me 2), and two more years to get a $1B.

And if you count the 3D re-release of JP, it took 22 years for Universal to release a new film that broke its WW gross record.

TLW did over $600 million in 1997.

And re-releases are included.

I find it laughable your nonsensical opinions.

I should stand and watch my next film like trained seal.

Got it :rolleyes:

Jesus Christ you can't be this fucking obtuse.

• Like 2

I'd say 600m is just about locked. Minimum 1.6x 10-day multiplier due to summer weekdays, and the 10-day will be above Avengers' 373m.

Pirates 2 multi gives it 655M. June is slightly weaker though.

What's scary is $400m over 10 days is very much in play. I remember being floored when TDK got to $300m in 10 days. Pretty amazing that 400 in such short time period is on the table. And that means 600 total is definitely within reach.

Edited by redfirebird2008
  • Like 1

Jesus Christ you can't be this fucking obtuse.

No I am just mocking your absolutist viewpoints when I said I share 4-5 lines over 120 minute span and I am the worst person in history.  :P

I will stop now, this tit for tat was far to enjoyable ;)

Edited by Lordmandeep

I do realize its annoying to others but without it movies are boring at theaters without it.

I am not sitting there talking the entire movie.

It is a few scenes I have to say a line or two to the friend beside me. 

Sure films like JW will do well, but most people are watching movies at home and not paying the money to see the films either(like they pay but like 20-30 bucks for a film) .

Talking during a blockbuster is fair game. It's not like there are any quiet scenes that you need to hear.

Actually no its not.  Thinking its ok talking during a movie when other people around you paid 10 bucks or more is self entitled bullshit.  Every time this happens to me I make it very clear to that person that they need to stfu.

• Like 2

Well the theater was crowded yesterday but that was because apparently earlier in the day there was a power outage. I did enjoy the film-better then the other 2 sequels.

People really loved the JP films it seems!

I was reading who other studios wanted to direct the first JP film-WB wanted Burton, Columbia wanted Reitman while Fox wanted Cameron.

I did enjoy it-though I did hate the fact there were like 8 trailers before the film!

• Like 1

It has several instances of animatronics, with several different dinosaurs. The animatronic instances are clear in the film, and they look terrific. I'm not sure what you are talking about, tbh.

Prove it. Director wanted animatronics and Universal said NO. They gave him only the dying dinosaur at the mid of the movie. That's the only animatronic. Raptors, I-Rex, T-Rex and all the fucking dinosaurs in the movie are 100% CGI all the time. Fact.

Edited by picores

I lurked here daily ever since BOM was kill during Memorial Day weekend.  Now I'm onboard for good.

Where do I burn my sacrifice?

Welcome. Goats and chickens can be burnt in the backyard. If you've got something else, we don't really want to know the details so just do it in the woods please.

Prove it. Director wanted animatronics and Universal said NO. They gave him only the dying dinosaur at the mid of the movie. That's the only animatronic. Raptors, I-Rex, T-Rex and all the fucking dinosaurs in the movie are 100% CGI all the time. Fact.

I swear I saw leaked pictures of an animatronic T-Rex head or something. Was that just built but not used?

Edited by TServo2049