K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

if someone has the twitter page where i can see the line report for the film thx :P

https://twitter.com/search?q=jurassic%20world%20sold%20out&src=typd&vertical=default&f=tweets

Austin Zuppe @Austinz33 28m28 minutes ago

Jurassic World was sold out. At 1. On a Sunday

0 retweets 1 favorite

Edited by PDC1987

If Universal didn't fudge Pitch Perfect 2's weekend number, Jurassic World would have beat the OW record.

They know they have enough in the reserve tank to take the record with tomorrow's actuals

Spy is going to easily get to 100 mill and probably 125-140. The proposal dropped 46% in its second weekend when Transformers 2 opened. This 45% is EXACTLY what I predicted and if u dont believe me go check out the questions for the summer game this week.

• Like 1

Just got back from my first viewing. 10 AM show with reserved seating. As of 9:45 AM there were only about 5 tickets sold. And then the walk-ins happened. Ended up with about 150 seats filled in a 300 seater. Never seen anything like that with walkups. Pretty impressive for 10 AM in the heart of the Bible Belt on a Sunday. 80% of the town is in church at that time.

As for the movie, AMAZING. Destroys Godzilla as far as recent creature features and definitely much better than JP2 and JP3. I don't think you could hope for a sequel to JP1 any better than what they gave us with Jurassic World. Incredible ending.

• Like 2

If Universal didn't fudge Pitch Perfect 2's weekend number, Jurassic World would have beat the OW record.

Actually Universal didn't fudge PP2, it was genuine spillover.

Rth had 'PP2 2.6' for Saturday. The official estimate is $2.4 million

Apparently young girls and couples that are getting sold out of JW are seeing PP2 instead.

Actually Universal didn't fudge PP2, it was genuine spillover.

Rth had 'PP2 2.6' for Saturday. The official estimate is $2.4 million

Apparently young girls and couples that are getting sold out of JW are seeing PP2 instead.

Double feature, Pitches & Dinosaurs!