K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

lol tell him jb007. Hey man how you guy? You love the destruction of avengers by not 1 but up to 3 films this yr. Sws could be next to go for 500-700 m dom. Damn

Good. I'm hoping for a great run by TFA. :)

So you think it will drop 30% today. Now I know you're clueless.

Clueless is thinking that a record NBA Finals & season finale of GOT will not have a significant effect on the total today. Why the drop is already predicted at 25%. The tone again is hilarious, biased JW fanboys.

No.. Because no studio would fudge numbers THAT high.. You want to fudge it if it's off by 1M or so, fine, but not a number that high, no..

You seriously either don't grasp estimates, or you're being intentionally obtuse.

In either case, enjoy the time Avengers still has on top.

So was TA "fudged" by 7m?

Exactly. If TA1 can jump from 200 to 207, then JP4 can easily jump from 204.5 to 208. The demand on Friday/Saturday was very similar between the two and we know TA1 had a bunch of spillover on Sunday from sellouts the first two days. Same thing could happen this time, though I don't expect it to jump quite as much as TA1 simply because of the NBA game tonight.

• Like 1

Good. I'm hoping for a great run by TFA. :)

hell yeah, just sorry they didnt get the original cast together before lol. Still better late than never. Wow luke and han, leah, chewie. R2 and c trepio. Man we are going to be in heaven fellow jedi. Edited by Superman001

Oh FFS.. I understand ESTIMATES Fully.. But being off by 4M to beat TA and al of a sudden, it does it will definitely make it look obvious.. This is gong to be funny if this misses TA OW by a million or so cause it's YOU folks that'll have the meltdown, not me.. I've actually been pretty composed for the most part, 99% of this site is hell bent on this happening and I can't help but to think that if it doesn't beat TA OW, There will actually be people disappointed in this..

#meltdownindisguise

• Like 3

Clueless is thinking that a record NBA Finals & season finale of GOT will not have a significant effect on the total today. Why the drop is already predicted at 25%. The tone again is hilarious, biased JW fanboys.

I thought all 3 dailies still being estimates was your problem? At least stay consistent please.

And the projected 25% drop is already huge WITH the finals and that pay cable TV show.

• Like 1

BKB, even Ultron increased from the estimated $187.7M to an actual of $191.2M. Avengers also increased from its estimate. It happens. The only question becomes how hard of hit will the late matinee/evening screenings take due to the NBA Finals Game 5. It might be just enough to stop it from breaking the OW record. Probably not though... I think it takes by a little over $1M.

I think we are overestimating the viewership for game 5. It isn't a must watch game by any means - neither team can wrap up the title today unlike Games 6 and 7 (if it gets there). It is an easily skippable game for casual viewers.

• Like 1

You've been wrong about every figure this movie has accomplished, and this will be another one. Also, you can watch GoT on the HBO Go app at anytime and the NBA games isn't even a clincher. Look at JW preview numbers, that was on a night of a game where LeBron James was up 2-1, now the Cavs are down and out and there's no drama left. 

• Like 2

No.. Because no studio would fudge numbers THAT high.. You want to fudge it if it's off by 1M or so, fine, but not a number that high, no..

No, he means Marvel/Disney's estimate was $200m even…it then jumped to $207m with actuals:  http://www.boxofficemojo.com/weekend/chart/?view=studioest&yr=2012&wknd=18&p=.htm

That's why many are saying JW could jump with actuals tomorrow and take the record.

• Like 2

I understood you just fine.. It's you who doesn't understand that it's not beating TA 207M OW Based on the title of the thread, nor is it going past 623M Domestic either... You'll have to settle for 2nd, YES.. Be happy with what it's made for heaven sakes.. :rolleyes: 

I understood you just fine.. It's you who doesn't understand that it's not beating TA 207M OW Based on the title of the thread, nor is it going past 623M Domestic either... You'll have to settle for 2nd, YES.. Be happy with what it's made for heaven sakes.. :rolleyes: 

Oh it's going to fly way past 207.  My guess is it gets closer to 210.

• Like 1

I think we are overestimating the viewership for game 5. It isn't a must watch game by any means - neither team can wrap up the title today unlike Games 6 and 7 (if it gets there). It is an easily skippable game for casual viewers.

I agree. That's why I think JW finishes with $208M to $210M.

It would be hilarious if a sporting went from ruining Ultron's bid at a $200M OW to saving The Avengers OW record. If it was Game 6 or 7, JW would have no chance at it. But, being it's Game 5, should only impact sales slightly. I doubt GoT has any impact at all.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

LOL, I just saw that "Not a record, YET" is that Nikki reference from Avengers? LOL. 

No, when I wrote it, I was doing it in Darth Vader's voice from Empire when he tells Luke that he is not a Jedi...YET :)

• Like 1