K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

It is not gonna do 60M today. The record is still not a safe guarantee. 

Why not?  That's a 15% drop.  Why couldn't it hit that?

It is not gonna do 60M today. The record is still not a safe guarantee. 

Of course it's not, but I think it's very likely.

We will just see tomorrow morning lol. No change by 100k LOOOOL

He's saying the Friday and Sturday numbers won't change by more than about 100K, that seems reasonable.

Gonna be hilarious if Inside Out breaks out and everyone decides that Jurassic World's spillovers are what did it.

Too many people are doubting the film, that at this point, they're gonna make some kind of excuse if it ends up breaking out big.

Edited by Insidearcher
  • Like 1

Why not?  That's a 15% drop.  Why couldn't it hit that?

Of course it's not, but I think it's very likely.

I just want don't want to set up my expectations for the record. If it doesn't happen I am gonna feel disappointed, which is kinda crazy because the number is still gonna be over 200M anyway.

Why is that exactly since you have inside info?

We're basing it off spill over and other giant films drops on their first Sunday.

Let's assume it does 60 today, that's high of course, but that's a 15% drop.

That's 213 mill

Monday: 27 (-55%)

Tues 25.5 (-5%)

Wed: 20.0 (-20%)

That's 300 mill before Thursday.   :o

If it does 60 today, I think 27 is kind of low end for Monday. Could easily go over 30 in that scenario. But yeah, 300 in 7 days is gonna happen...seems appropriate for this dino-romp. Such a fun movie.

Not gonna lie, when the "need more teeth" scene happened and T-Rex showed up I got tears in my eyes. So glad they let T-Rex kick some ass. The Mososaur moment at the end was an epic cherry on top.

• Like 6

Here's the thing though, it doesn't need to do 60, only needs 55 to beat the record by 500k.

NBA and GoT finale man. 500K is a low number. That might be enough to prevent it from hit the record.

Reasons have already been stated a few times. The estimated drop is already 25%.

Yea, so?  An estimate is a guess and they are not even using any other film of this ilk to base it on.  Why wouldn't this drop closer to TDK's first Sunday or TA's first Sunday which dropped 18% in May, with kids still in school?

• Like 1