K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

PDC are you denying the effect the mayweather fight had on AOU Saturday & Sunday? Curious...

Massive disparity in impact. The appeal these Finals have in Cleveland and the Bay Area? Extrapolate that to the entire country.

I live here so I know obv it's just people here have a very laid back viewing schedule since we are so diverse. Lots don't care about sports or basketball

Oh, yeah that's a good point. I've noticed you guys don't seem quite as passionate about college football in that area as we are in Texas.

• Community Manager

That last part is important no ? WB. What I've been wondering myself is how big of an effect an event you are watching as part of your normal cable bill has in the BO vs a PPV event.

Irrelevant. It's not like you pay HBO the money to watch just the GOT finale. You are already giving them money on a monthly basis. You budget for it already and if it hurts your ability to pay $15 for a movie ticket then chances are you wouldn't go to see JW anyways and wait for it to go to HBO or you'd cancel the subscription.

The PPV event was literally paying for a one-time event. And a lot of people paid. HBO is a recurring payment. Thus not really comparable and it wouldn't affect JW's gross anymore than it affects any other movie's gross.

• Like 2

I've given up trying to read through all these pages.

Does anyone else feel that this number is just too big to wrap their head around? I just can't comprehend it... Wow.

I'm with you. Following this thread all the way through is nigh-impossible, so much so, that I gave up yesterday.

The opening weekend is pretty shocking. I knew Jurassic World was gonna open big, but I never expected it to open as big as it did. Amazing!

A lot of the country are watching these games, but they aren't paying $100 to watch it like WB brought up about the fight.

I'm saying I highly doubt there are notable amounts of people outside of Cleveland and the Bay Area throwing parties around the game tonight and thus pulling a dozen or more people away from theaters each like with the fight.

Edited by PDC1987

Everyone realizes the Cavs are exausted and likely will get run out of the gym by halftime. The Cavs blew their load in games 1-3. Warriors win it in 6 with back to back 20 point victories in games 5 and 6.

Edited by Bishop54

CRAZY. I wonder if this June has the chance for the biggest June now?

I'm not sure, but this weekend was the biggest June weekend by a mile, even adjusting for inflation. With Inside Out and Ted coming, both with at least $50M OW's, Spy and San An hopefully stabilizing, and JP steamrolling its way for another 16 days, I think the record is pretty possible. The first week of June is what really hurt.