K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

This thread has already broken the record for the most pages (weekend thread).

You know what makes the thread even better?  Not having seen the movie yet!  It just engenders a different kind of excitement than that of a full-on fanboy mob mentality excitement (i.e., CBM midnight showing, Twi-hards, etc.)

• Like 2

You said the next 5 years, all CBM will be under 500 m.

Let's not move goal post.

That includes BvS, Civil War, Justic League 1, Justice League 2, MCU Spider-man, Infinity War 1, and Infinity War 2. All under 500 m, lol.

What part of "start it and I'm in" is "moving the goal post"?

Tell me again, which of these are going to surpass TA or 3D-adjusted TDK?  Or, more subjectively, which will match the excitement and genuine mass appeal of SM?

I mean, anything is possible you know??? No one expected AOU to drop as much as what it did from TA..

Are you really BKB?  If so, I never got a chance to acknowledge your insane success - against EVERYBODY'S expectations - that TA was going to be as monstrous as it was, and that it would beat TDKR.  I was among the people mocking you (and predicting massive disappointment for TA, lolol).  Mea culpa, BKB.

• Like 2

What part of "start it and I'm in" is "moving the goal post"?

Tell me again, which of these are going to surpass TA or 3D-adjusted TDK?  Or, more subjectively, which will match the excitement and genuine mass appeal of SM?

You made the bold prediction that no CBM will cross 500 m in the next 5 years. I asked you to make a thread.

Now your trying to get me make a thread with all the specific CBM that will beat Avengers.

That's pretty much backing out from your original prediction.

lol.  "be careful" about reading a novel.  "Because we've always been at war with Oceania."

What's next, book burning parties?

History has been very, very, very kind to Crichton's predictions....and lolololing at the global warming hysterics: http://newsbusters.org/blogs/scott-whitlock/2015/06/12/flashback-abcs-08-prediction-nyc-under-water-climate-change-june

I actually chatted with a few friends about this awhile back. I never understood the point of Crichton's book, Its not clear that climate change/global warming is caused by people, and even if it is, its not clear how bad it'll be, so we should do nothing? lolwut. He uses tons of anecdotal reasoning, and misrepresents how science works to suit his agenda. 

As a fictional piece, its somewhat entertaining though Jurassic Park and Andromeda Strain is better at that.

Anyways we're a tad offtopic, though we have no new numbers, so rth needs to arise. 

I actually chatted with a few friends about this awhile back. I never understood the point of Crichton's book, Its not clear that climate change/global warming is caused by people, and even if it is, its not clear how bad it'll be, so we should do nothing? lolwut. He uses tons of anecdotal reasoning, and misrepresents how science works to suit his agenda. 

As a fictional piece, its somewhat entertaining though Jurassic Park and Andromeda Strain is better at that.

Anyways we're a tad offtopic, though we have no new numbers, so rth needs to arise. 

You have this much to offer Michael Crichton (or me) as to how "science works": 0.000.

Please give me your definition of "science".

Has this been posted?

With the raptor-ous performance of Jurassic World both domestically and internationally in this, the film’s debut frame, Universal has set two more industry box office records this weekend. Already last week, the studio crossed the $2B international mark faster than any other in history — the second time it has reached the milestone in record time. As Jurassic World stomped out to global domination this frame, Universal now has bragging rights to the quickest climb to $1B domestic — beating the previous record ascendance achieved by Paramount on June 22, 2008. The current 2015 domestic gross is an estimated $1.039B. What’s more, it has lickety-split hit $3B worldwide, passing Fox’s previous race to the milestone on June 30, 2010. Universal’s worldwide box office gross is now an estimated $3.318B; the international portion is an estimated $2.278B, making 2015 UPI’s biggest year ever, surpassing the 2013 year-end total of $2.258B. http://deadline.com/2015/06/universal-record-fastest-to1-billion-domestic-3-billion-worldwide-box-office-jurassic-world-1201442647/

• Like 2

Yes.. That would be me and thank you.. However, this summer has been terrible for me..

That's okay.

Hey, I was calling for 'Titanic' to be a huge success in the days of 'Titanic Watch' in Variety, and I still rest on those laurels even after I get humiliated by TA (said sub 400), so you can equally rest on your TA laurels, by my dubious ego practices.

Why wouldn't Universal go for the record in the estimates? Were they fearing some lashback in case their actuals ended up being lower? Maybe they already got a world of great press for the record to matter?

Edited by a2k

I mean, anything is possible you know??? No one expected AOU to drop as much as what it did from TA..

AOU was weak. The trailers were meh and the reviews were lukewarm.

If it was as good as GotG or Winter Soldier, it easily crosses 500 m.

You're telling me every CBM in the next 5 years is going to do nearly as bad as AOU?

You think the Russo's are going to sleepwalk through Civil War, Infinity War 1 and Infinity War 2?

CBS Morning News just reported JW Making 204M This weekend and used it as an actual number and not as an estimate.. Also most news outlets are reporting that this morning as well..

Deadline said 208+, and rth would put it at 212+, right?

What is the CBS Morning News track record?

CBS Morning News just reported JW Making 204M This weekend and used it as an actual number and not as an estimate.. Also most news outlets are reporting that this morning as well..

They don't have Sunday numbers yet.

• Like 1

I don't know but it would be nice if they just reported the actual numbers since they know what it is already and are drawing this out..

No way, I'm having a blast.  This has been the first time I've truly enjoyed watching box office since TA/Ted/TDKR in 2012.

• Like 1

Come BKB, you know media never gives the mondays actuals ever. They don t know what actuals are.

They just give the sunday estimates for the OW and they don t have a clue these numbers are just estimates, not the final numbers.