K1stpierre

Jurassic World Weekend Thread | Official Est. 204.6M | 208.8M - Actuals

Holy Moly! Opening Weekend record went down.  Did anybody think it was gonna be this huge? Glory! What can you say? Records are made to be broken.  HP had it, then Avengers, and now JW.  Never say never but I think this one holds for a while.  Star Wars your move.

• Like 1

I would contest that with multiple quotes:

"Life will find a way."

"If The Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists."

"Must go faster."

lol, he used that one in ID4 aswell, in which Hiller had a better response

'Stop side seat driving'

Holy Moly! Opening Weekend record went down.  Did anybody think it was gonna be this huge? Glory! What can you say? Records are made to be broken.  HP had it, then Avengers, and now JW.  Never say never but I think this one holds for a while.  Star Wars your move.

I think December will hurt SW7. It's a month known for legs. Which is why a $150-160 million OW with a 4x-4.5x multi is far more likely than $225 million with a 3x. 

BvS, Civil War (if it gets critical acclaim/buzz), GotG2, SW8, Infinity Wars 1/2, and Justice League 1/2 all have a decent shot, though. Especially if it was possible for JW. 

• Like 1

Yeah but that is kind of because one of either Jurassic Park or Schindler's List is quite possibly the best ever 'second best film by a director in a calendar year' that there will ever ever be, :)

Spielberg is just a fucking genius. Highest grossing movie of all time and a best picture winner in just one year lmao.

• Like 4

Spielberg is just a fucking genius. Highest grossing movie of all time and a best picture winner in just one year lmao.

Better yet that's how he chose to bounce back from the disappointing, but still $100 million domestic grossing lmao, Hook.