grim22

JURASSIC WORLD WEEKEND ACTUALS | TRIPLE RECORD!!!! (DOM - 208.8M; OS - 315.3M; WW - 524.1M). DOWN GOES AVENGERS.

The forum member Xiayun at World of KJ, who is well known for his analysis and predictions, is saying he thinks 650 is going to happen. I honestly would not be surprised at this point. After you go from 125 tracking to 208 weekend total, it's hard to be shocked by anything else haha.

If this beats TA1, it will arguably be the greatest BO story of all time, IMO.

Seriously. I just saw it with the kids (newly out of school) and we all loved it. No, it wasnt shakespere, but its perfectly worthy of taking the crown.

I actually enjoyed JW myself. It's quite shocking and unexpected however how it managed to break Avengers opening weekend record. Nobody saw that coming. 

Edited by Insidearcher

The forum member Xiayun at World of KJ, who is well known for his analysis and predictions, is saying he thinks 650 is going to happen. I honestly would not be surprised at this point. After you go from 125 tracking to 208 weekend total, it's hard to be shocked by anything else haha.

If it DID naturally get to $650 Universal better pull an Avatar with it and do a little re-release at the end of its run, in order to get it past Titanic.

If it does $600m, then it'll do almost 80% of the admissions of JP1. That is fucking mental. A massive success would have been the film doing 40%...but this is on a whole different level.

I remember being shocked when TDK improved on the admissions of Batman 89. Around 2-3 weeks before release, BOM had done the July preview in which they had said that Batman 89 was still the highest admissions in the Batman film series and it adjusted to 400M+ (don't remember the exact figure). So when TDK smashed that number, I was completely surprised. 

Next time I am gonna cry is if this hits 100M next weekend. If this passes the first Avengers total is gonna be the most legendary box office run of all time. 

Eh, I dunno. It's still amazing, but not nearly as amazing as (IMO) PASSION OF THE CHRIST, or MY BIG FAT ETC, or HOME ALONE.

Ahem, TITANIC.

Why does everyone forget Avatar? Someone mentioned yesterday in one of the threads that JW could hold the record for US + China gross if it makes 620M domestic to add to the 230M or so it will make in China, completely forgetting that Avatar made 760M domestic alone.

• Like 2

Ahem, TITANIC.

Why does everyone forget Avatar? Someone mentioned yesterday in one of the threads that JW could hold the record for US + China gross if it makes 620M domestic to add to the 230M or so it will make in China, completely forgetting that Avatar made 760M domestic alone.

I was internally discounting Cameron movies. Dude is on another level entirely. :lol:

• Like 5

Avatar is behind Titanic but still one of the most impressive runs. Titanic is by far the most impressive in my opinion.

He's right, though. The Minions are super manufactured:

http://www.jasonporath.com/2014/12/the-rise-of-the-hashgag/

Great read. Another example I would like to point out is Brave's triplets, they only existed to create lighter moments in the film through the use of physical humor.

btw, Minions are the worst, I can't with people who find them funny.
Edited by Goffe
  • Like 2

So we have a record setting weekend & it's 6pm on the east with no change on mojo except for that terrible article. Wouldn't shock me if the site permanently shuts dow at some point in the near future.

True, but the movie showdowns they have are enthralling.  Can't wait to continue following the Jurassic Park III vs. Jurassic World. That will be quite a battle. :)

• Like 1