grim22

JURASSIC WORLD WEEKEND ACTUALS | TRIPLE RECORD!!!! (DOM - 208.8M; OS - 315.3M; WW - 524.1M). DOWN GOES AVENGERS.

Wait...Minions opens the day after tomorrow in Indonesia?  :huh:

That's so random.

Yes. And on Thursday in Australia, Malaysia, and Singapore. I don't know the reason for other countries, but I think they do that here so the release coincides with school holiday which just started. And maybe because the US release date is so close to Eid, which is reserved for local blockcuster movies.

• Like 1

So clearly massive over performance on West Coast and Heartland. 

It was insane and our scheduling was way under what we needed. The first showing Friday morning nearly sold out with around 300 people. Typically if the first showing does 100, then it's a good sign that it will be busy. When you get 300, you just give up. :lol:

• Like 1

Its quite interesting by some of the people who work at theaters on this forum, TA was not that big or much bigger then  other openers. Like Shawn said his theater THG was as big as TA, but it WAS a record opener by a big margin means it over performed in other markets? 

Then for example Fast 7 was insane in other  areas and okay in other and then of course American Sniper , massive divergences there. 

Its just an interesting aspect to the box office about how films over perform and under perform in certain regions of the same country or NA. 

Quite interesting and quite an X factor. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

Its quite interesting by some of the people who work at theaters on this form, TA was not that big or much bigger then  other openers. Like Shawn said his theater THG was as big as TA, but it WAS a record opener by a big margin means it over performed in other markets? 

Then for example Fast 7 was insane in other  areas and okay in other and then of course American Sniper , massive divergences there. 

Its just an interesting aspect to the box office about how films over perform and under perform in certain regions of the same country or NA. 

Quite interesting and quite an X factor. 

Yeah, geography does play a factor. I know San Andreas clearly overperformed in our theater due to us being in California. It felt like an 100m opener here instead of 55m.

• Like 1

I think just about everyone here wants to see that happen except maybe #ED. I want to see 28 at least to beat SM2's Monday record and it would be fucking awesome if it can somehow reach 30.

Pretty much this.

I'm expecting $25M, hoping for $28M, and $30M would be as shocking as TDK's Monday when it was first revealed.

Yeah, geography does play a factor. I know San Andreas clearly overperformed in our theater due to us being in California. It felt like an 100m opener here instead of 55m.

Like it depends Fast 7 at my local theater on Good Friday was biggest day I ever remember . 

It sold out ever single show pretty much. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

I think just about everyone here wants to see that happen except maybe #ED. I want to see 28 at least to beat SM2's Monday record and it would be fucking awesome if it can somehow reach 30.

If that happens

IAkAPwq.gif

• Like 1