#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

Um, WOW. Absolutely incredible. Even if rth is off with the 31-35 estimate and JW gets $30 million Friday, that is STILL nuts.

And $30-32 million for Inside Out is friggin' incredible too. I love Pixar, so I'm super happy for them if this holds. And rth made it sound like he may be lowballing Inside Out - that it may actually go higher. I think Inside Out actually has a chance of being #1 this weekend based on this.

Two films over $100 million this weekend? Could be a reality!

Peace,

Mike

hey Mike, 

IO does have a chance.... a huge chance

Stunned at IO, which looked flat and gimmicky to me.

Well, looks like a boring, white Christian has salvaged Pixar after feminists nearly drove it into the ground with their catastrophic last offering.

(Putting aside any effort of yours to provoke) Since the entire creative team of Pixar works on *all* their projects, how exactly do you figure this?

• Like 3

Stunned at IO, which looked flat and gimmicky to me.

Well, looks like a boring, white Christian has salvaged Pixar after feminists nearly drove it into the ground with their catastrophic last offering.

omg

• Like 2

great number for Inside Out. I wonder what made it appeal to the masses more than their last few originals.

Don't want to start a WWR thread just yet, but perhaps absence has made the heart grow fonder, and it seems they've fully delivered this time as opposed to their last film coming off a long hiatus.

• Like 1

I've read a few saying with IO performing so well that JW will do less or vice versa. I couldn't disagree more. It seems like both these movies are not only coexisting but feeding off each other. Nothing is going to stop either of them this weekend.

It'd be true if JW was that beloved but from what I've heard IO was driven by great WOM and that should effect the indecisive movie goers/families who had to pick one movie between the two.

(Putting aside any effort of yours to provoke) Since the entire creative team of Pixar works on *all* their projects, how exactly do you figure this?

No kidding.... anything PIXAR

anything with that darn song that gets in your head on the promotions

KIDS

DADS Weekend 

also it has a good story....

GO Inside OUT

Edited by Mitch

Since the entire creative team of Amblin works on *all* Spielberg's movies, how do you credit Spielberg?

Since the entire creative team of Lucasfilm works on *all* Lucas's movies, how do you blame Lucas?

Since the entire creative team of Marvel works on *all* Marvel movies, how do you credit Russo Brothers?

Movies are collaborative works.  If you believe this means quality doesn't rest on director, then we just disagree.  Cool.

I choose to believe the only person who had anything to do with the Cars movies is John Lasseter

• Like 2