#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

IO is dropping on Saturday. Even TS3 fell 9.9%.

New to this, so bare with me.

Wouldn't TS3 possibly be more front loaded since it is more of a phenomena? Being a late sequel and all.

I think WOM hasn't even reached its peak for Inside Out.

Edited by TStechnij
  • Like 2

There's not enough room in the market. Families don't have infinite amounts of cash to spend. Most have already gone to JW and now IO. Minions will be hurt by IO's WOM juggernaut.

But by mid-July, families will want something new to see

Since August is desolate, Minions and Pixels should hold up well.

I think the market can handle 4-5 big family films over a 3 month period (Avengers, JW, IO, Minions, Pixels)

If families really want to see both, they will. Unlike July 2013, IO and Minions are the only major PG films until late September

Both should comfortably do $300m DOM at this point

• Like 1

Animation Loonies are more fun than Mad Millerites ;)

(Willing to bet IO is your #2 of the year so far when you see it)

Tele's #1 od the year: Mad Max: Fury Road. Teles #2 of the year: Mad Max: Fury Road: Bluray Directors Cut Extended Edition Target Steelbook.

• Like 4

Wouldn't TS3 possibly be more front loaded since it is more of a phenomena? Being a late sequel and all.

Brave and Wall-E also dropped and they're originals.

I'm thinking IO drops about 5% tomorrow.

That's hard to say. TS3 made $4m at midnight and $41m opening day. If this does 36 (about 4 of it from Tuesday/Thursday shows), that means its previews were a bigger percentage of opening day than TS3's preview percentage.

Terminator and Magic Mike will be around 60-70 for the 5-day, Minions will be lower and Pixels will struggle. Other then that I agree with everything else.

Minions is blowing past 100 opening and 300 total. We're polar opposites on this so no point in debating. We'll see in 3 weeks whos right.

• Like 1

How can you even compare those animated gems from Japan, Ireland, South Korea, France........

.... to the Hollywood animated flicks :ph34r:

Taste... I myself have just really started exploring animation from other countries (triplets of Bellville and Secrets of Kells were both amazing) but anime is not my cup of tea so it makes it hard to really get into Asian animation.

"Derivative" and "adapted from" mean two very different things, and in terms of the film industry "original, not based on prior work" refers to the latter.

Hashtag Thundersmurfs, Dances With Pocahontas all you like, but it ain't based on a book, play, poem, musical, operetta, short story... you name it. So it's original. ;)

• Like 2