#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

Can 

INSIDE OUT

be the 

NEXT Toy Story type money grabber?

I don't see Docter allowing an Inside Out 2

Ted 2.

I'd say it's a 50/50 shot right now between the two, but depending on where Inside Out lands, I definitely think Ted 2 is smoked

• Like 1

I don't see Docter allowing an Inside Out 2

I'd say it's a 50/50 shot right now between the two, but depending on where Inside Out lands, I definitely think Ted 2 is smoked

Riley will be pregnant in that film.  Pixar finally does a film about Minnesota and it ignites the box office. 

I liked your post, but they only really make a difference if they're universally praising or disparaging the movie. In the middle it doesn't really matter. Anything above 90 and especially above 95 will get a lot more people to see it then it ordinarily would have.

Well, think there's a curve to it.  The better(or worse) the reviews are, the more(or less) it makes.  80% will help a movie, but not as much as if it had gotten 95%.  

Well, think there's a curve to it.  The better(or worse) the reviews are, the more(or less) it makes.  80% will help a movie, but not as much as if it had gotten 95%.

Well of course, but the boost a movie gets with under 90 to above 20 is negligible.

So am I (perhaps moreso than Blanks), but IO isn't my #1 for the year.

Mad Max is probably a more technically well made film, but I go to movies and love cinema for the feelings it gives it, and Inside Out does that the best so far this year.

(Mad Max will likely still be in my top 3 by the end of the year)

I don't have a thesis on hand to explain why I consider the Minions to be the biggest driving factor for today's animation, so we'll just have to end it here. I think that they're incredibly irritating, designed to be as simple and appealing as possible, without insulting anyone, and I think it's annoying is all  :P

your in the minority 

Mad Max is probably a more technically well made film, but I go to movies and love cinema for the feelings it gives it, and Inside Out does that the best so far this year.

(Mad Max will likely still be in my top 3 by the end of the year)

I have a lot of feelings from MMFR.

Really? So WALL-E having a first act with virtually no dialogue wasn't risky? Frozen having two female leads wasn't risky?

Sorry, I had a lapsus. Wall-E is the best Pixar film IMO, and exactly, that's one thing I'd say is risky, no dialogue, with a good narrative that grandly express the feelings of each robot without, again, any dialogue.

About Frozen, well, its just another simple, absolutely predictable story. The two female leads well, just like in Tangled, but with another female on screen...

1. I hate the Minions.

2. I hate that the Minions have spawned this fad where every animated movie has to have some cute, useless thing in it.

That's why Cloudy 2 sucked btw. Inside Out doesn't have it though... ;)

• Like 2