#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

What an insane weekend.

Lets say JW ends up around 105. My question is: if JW can manage a sub 50% drop following a record breaking OW, going against a 95 million dollar opening, after racking up $85 million or so on the weekdays, what will the drops be in upcoming weeks as it stablizes even more?

My word, where could this thing end up?! Jaw dropping

A very good question. Will be fun to watch things play out and see how it goes.

What an insane weekend.

Lets say JW ends up around 105. My question is: if JW can manage a sub 50% drop following a record breaking OW, going against a 95 million dollar opening, after racking up $85 million or so on the weekdays, what will the drops be in upcoming weeks as it stablizes even more?

My word, where could this thing end up?! Jaw dropping

RIP Avatard.

It is nostalgia for the original but it is also outstanding execution of the current movie. The third act is freaking awesome popcorn entertainment.

I think the second act, when everything goes to hell-in-a-handbasket, was the most thrilling part of the movie.  Most movies, I don't necessarily believe the threat and just have to sort of grant a free pass to the story in pretending that everything would really be so horrible.  (There are definitely exceptions - the first JP, Die Hard 2, and a good many others, I'm sure.  But generally I just don't buy the "Everybody is fucked!" tone.  I did here.)

• Like 1

I looked for it and found it nd just put it in the title about 10 minutes ago.

Thanks, B. I was wondering if rth provided other numbers apart from the big two. But apparently the world only cares about these two behemoths.

• Like 1

RIP Avatard.

ugh.  Comparing JW to AVTR is absurd.

JW = Giant summer blockbuster with tons of hype and brand recognition and no competition (Pixar? gag.)

AVTR = Small indie movie w/ no brand recognition and no hype and the stiffest competition imaginable: 'Alvin and the Chipmunks 2'.

Thanks, B. I was wondering if rth provided other numbers apart from the big two. But apparently the world only cares about these two behemoths.

He's everywhere tonight though....he's doing a lot of updates in the international section, massively huge second week numbers in places like Australia and England.

• Like 1

I think the second act, when everything goes to hell-in-a-handbasket, was the most thrilling part of the movie.  Most movies, I don't necessarily believe the threat and just have to sort of grant a free pass to the story in pretending that everything would really be so horrible.  (There are definitely exceptions - the first JP, Die Hard 2, and a good many others, I'm sure.  But generally I just don't buy the "Everybody is fucked!" tone.  I did here.)

Honestly...as soon as Pratt and the raptor training scene shows up, the movie kicks ass the rest of the way. That's only about 15 minutes into it I think. It's just the third act is so very, very satisfying with the big dino romp climax.

• Like 4

Show me the way to go home, I'm tired and I wanna go to bed.

Well I had a little drink about an hour ago and it got right to my head....

Love that you love the film so much Legend.  

• Like 1

Honestly...as soon as Pratt and the raptor training scene shows up, the movie kicks ass the rest of the way. That's only about 15 minutes into it I think. It's just the third act is so very, very satisfying with the big dino romp climax.

Don't give me that shit Blue!

I agree with you bud, once that stuff happens that you mention, from that part on, it never slows down.  It's like in Temple of Doom, once Indy gets attacked in his room and he goes into the wall to look for the stones, Temple never lets up...same thing here.

• Like 2

Thank you!

It's nice to know I'm not the only one who found the film thrilling. From the first two deaths during the inciting moment to the end of the climax, I was on the edge of my seat.

I legitimately had fear when the I-Rex was messing with the gyrosphere because I thought the older child had a legitimate chance of being killed. They seemed to make his character relatively up likable.

I think you and I viewed the film it was supposed to be viewed. The result? An epic experience that I'm tempted to pay $10 just to experience again!

• Like 1

Don't give me that shit Blue!

I agree with you bud, once that stuff happens that you mention, from that part on, it never slows down.  It's like in Temple of Doom, once Indy gets attacked in his room and he goes into the wall to look for the stones, Temple never lets up...same thing here.

Nonstop momentum over a consistent 24 hour period. It's beautiful.

Edited by cory
  • Like 1