#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

It wasn't doing near as well as JW.

:(

How does that translate? I remember you wrote that Inside Out fell apart Fri-to-Sat, but its drop was softer than expected based on your post from last night?

Edited by BEEJAYGRAD11

usually under or maybe slightly above, we are talking Matinees being what Sat early eve was doing, so like a double digit % increase that will reduce if it doesnt reduce under sat then....

WC will probably fail  :P

It will probably follow similar to MOS & Godzilla be slightly over/under Sat... check things out bit later see and also IO

• Like 10

If the studios had known Avengers 2 wasn't going to do $500 million+ DOM, I think San Andreas would have taken Memorial Day, while Spy and IO moved to the last weekend of May. 

Schedule should have been (with Hot Pursuit moved to April 24th, Tomorrowland moved to October 9th with a $75 million budget, as well as Aloha/Selfless/American Ultra/Underdogs canned) 

Hey, didn't you make a 2014 summer dream schedule? Do you know where I could find that?

More inexplicably brutal deaths for random bit characters in blockbusters please. Domhnall Gleeson eaten alive in Star Wars 7, Scoot McNairy crushed by a building in Batman v Superman, Martin Freeman shattered into a million pieces in Civil War

• Like 3

No, I didn't have fun, unfortunately. I became bored and annoyed, and nothing the movie did changed that. If anything, it just made me more annoyed.

And believe me, I wasn't going in expecting to hate or demanding some perfectly constructed story. I just wanted coherence, basic intelligence, and some cool sequences.

Although I respect your opinion I must disagree with you on coherence and cool sequences. It had basic intelligence and a constructed story.

a few thoughts

Note: before you read - One semi spoiler NOTED here is shown in every TRAILER - hardly a real spoiler unless you live under a rock.

-There's a scene where pteranodons scoop up terrified tourists. And that's why we're here, for awesome moments like that that further prove that movies are an art form.

-The movie was successful in capturing the feel of the original Jurassic Park, which all of its other sequels utterly failed to do.

-This film brought back some of the most wonderful touches from the first film. There was a moment when you were reminded and felt like dino's are living, breathing creatures instead of just terrifying things out to grab a bite.

-They pay homages to the original, some subtle and some less so. I won’t spoil them for you, but one was already given away by the trailers and most of the posters – the corporate leader in the park wears white, just as John Hammond did in the original.

-Velociraptors return to be terrifyingly intelligent pack hunters, the T-rex is a majestic killing machine and the triceratops are gentle. 

-Structure of the film is what you expect.

Edited by Mitch

Jurassic Park franchise already known for killing off innocent people brutally. Arnold, Muldoon and Eddie from the second movie immediately come to mind

Eddie is the worst one. That guy tried so hard to help the others and had a terrible fate. At least in the new one the character in particular was kinda falling down on duty.

It will probably follow similar to MOS & Godzilla be slightly over/under Sat... check things out bit later see and also IO

"also IO" meaning it will increase or more on its Sunday actuals?

Edited by BEEJAYGRAD11

Yeah. . . It's a weird world we live in. I think you are perfectly within reason for not enjoying the film. And you probably are not in the minority. Just because a film does well in BO, it doesn't equate to audience approval. Films like Transformers and Pirates: 2 & 3 will continue to pull in the profits for sheer over the top.

A film doesn't break the OW record and then do another $100 million the 2nd weekend against a $90 million opener without audience approval. The Pirates and TF sequels fell off (at least domestically) once an entry got a bad to lukewarm reception from many.

In both of my showings the audience loved the scene in question.

I know it's maybe stupid but in 4D show when I-Rex attacked Pratt and ginger in garage with old jeeps I was really scared and excited at the same time

that's way I love 4D :D

4D hasn't really made it big here in the U.S.

More inexplicably brutal deaths for random bit characters in blockbusters please. Domhnall Gleeson eaten alive in Star Wars 7, Scoot McNairy crushed by a building in Batman v Superman, Martin Freeman shattered into a million pieces in Civil War

Forest Whitaker disemboweled and set on fire in Star Wars Rogue One

• Like 2