#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

TFIOS

That was actually a joke a friend and I had after these girls wouldn't shut up about Sweet Home Alabama and The Notebook so we said King Kong was a better love story :P

That was actually a joke a friend and I had after these girls wouldn't shut up about Sweet Home Alabama and The Notebook so we said King Kong was a better love story :P

Is King Kong even a love story, I haven't seen it Edited by Ethan Hunt

With the quick nostalgia turnaround these days, by the time Avengers 4 comes out we'll be talking about nostalgia for Avengers 1 being one of the driving factors  :P

The generation of I want it now. That even means wanting nostalgia when a franchise is only 5 years old, lol.

Well I think King Kong is the love story of the 21st century!

I wouldn't call it the love story of the 21st century, but it certainly is a beautiful film, although the ice-skating scene while very whimsical, was really unnecessary, and just seemed to be strange, considering that Kong was already being attacked earlier. 

Edited by Insidearcher

Well I kept on calling Hotel the origin story of Voldie and was waiting for him to lose his nose...

*Wonders how sad it is that I always now think of him as either M or Voldie now*

You mean *AOU-esque backlash, a month later. Everyone here loves to pick on it now. I swear that Wednesday everyone was super excited. Then the Friday numbers came in talking about $100M OD and yall were all pissing on yourselves with excitment. Once it dropped, everyone turned on it all of a sudden. Now its the forum's punchline.

Amazing how box office can make people change their tunes so fast. If TA2 had kept that $100M OD and $220 OW, and blowing past 500, I don't see that much backlash happening.

It dropping below expectations is pretty much the story of the movie as well as the box office run frankly.