#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

Gross after weekend 2 - $401 (assuming it makes $2-3m more in actuals)

Weekend 3: 56m (-47%)

Weekend 4: 34m (-40%) should get a Holiday boost

Weekend 5:  16m (-53%) big opener in Minions/post Holiday drop

Weekend 6: 10m (-38%)

Weekend 7: 5m (-50%) big opener in MI5

Remaining weekends: 10m ish

$532m

Should pull another 120-140m in summer weekdays. So yeah, should be a very good chance of Titanic going down. Will have to have unusually good holds though to get Avatar. Which at the rate it's going so far, might not be out of the question.

awesome! If the titanic record goes down, It would be even more shocking. Everyone thought avengers would be the King of the summer. we were so wrong. 

Yep, I liked IO quite a bit.  Emotional and I shed some tears in some parts.  I could relate to the story and the plight of Riley as I went through the exact same thing she did when I was just a bit older than her.  I liked all the voice work as well.  I got a bit restless in the second act but the first act and especially the last 20 minutes or so was pretty awesome.

Baumer?

At it's heart it IS what the Jurassic franchise is.

Actually, for parts, I disagree. Certainly not in terms of the original or the book, which, although of course they showed how cool dinosaurs were, were always firmly in the anti-Hammond camp -- this was a terrible idea filled with hubris, and nature re-establishing dominance was inevitable. This movie, for large chunks, actually came down on the pro-Hammond side, and was a celebration of the very thing the original movie/book were firmly against.

Edited by Telemachos
  • Like 3

When I heard the JP theme in the beginning of the movie I got a little emotional

I got less emotional and more exciting. The John Williams theme of Jurassic Park is just excellent.

Edited by Insidearcher

Avengers, who? 

I dunno, bunch of random dudes playing cosplay pretending to save the world from what I heard ...

Kids and geeks used to like them back in 2012 ...

Edited by The Futurist
  • Like 2

The only way I could see it not getting that is if Terminator disappoints and it has an amazing hold and get #1 in its third weekend

people think that Inside Out will be #1 that weekend but personally the machines and the strippers would be in a photo finish

So I just watched the first 15 minutes of Jupiter Ascending.

Holy fuck this is fucking awful. That's some seriously shitty ass shit.

I came in to this with low expectations because I have heard many disappointed reviews, but damn, the first 15 minutes so far have just been fucking brutal so far. I had to take a break and try some dinner.

I'll try more later. It's bound to pick up, right?

• Like 1

I came in to this with low expectations because I have heard many disappointed reviews, but damn, the first 15 minutes so far have just been fucking brutal so far. I had to take a break and try some dinner.

Don't worry the first it gets increasingly more absurd as it goes on

Actually, for parts, I disagree. Certainly not in terms of the original or the book, which, although of course they showed how cool dinosaurs were, were always firmly in the anti-Hammond camp -- this was a terrible idea filled with hubris, and nature re-establishing dominance was inevitable. This movie, for large chunks, actually came down on the pro-Hammond side, and was a celebration of the very thing the original movie/book were firmly against.

I actually think the pro-Hammond side of the film worked very well. Because I think it's human to be seduced into how spectacular some technological achievements are and believe that we can control that. Malcolm said in the first movie that the science team were so fixated on if they could do this they didn't wonder if they should and I think that is a pretty true statement about a lot of things.

I really liked Henry Wu's POV in JW. He seemed so wrapped up in his achievement and his contribution that he never thought about what he should be doing. I hope he has a larger role in the sequel. Because I think his arc could be the most interesting.

• Like 1

It gets to the point where its sooo bad its funny. Just watch the honest trailer for it.