#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

I once thought Jim Carrey was funny!

Hey I was young at the time.

Hey, Jim Carrey is still pretty funny. The Mask, Liar, Liar, and Bruce Almighty all hold-up pretty well. Plus he's a pretty good dramatic actor, especially in roles like The Truman Show, and Eternal Spotless of The Sunshine Mind. 

• Like 2

The kiss between Pratt and BDH completely opposes any claim that the movie is in anyway 'self-aware'.

I am not so sure of that. The first time I saw it I agreed with your perception. Second time around there seemed to be smirking from both of them in that scene. I think there is a lot of self-awareness infused into this movie not just from the actors but the director too.

• Like 2

I still haven't seen Jurassic World. I thought it would do okay at the box office but nowhere near this level, I remember sort of laughing at the trailer with my friend when it came on before some other movie a couple months ago. Anyway, I'll probably see it in a couple weeks.

Seriously, if this movie gets an Avatar-like backlash 6 months from now I'm gonna be rofling.

You mean *AOU-esque backlash, a month later. Everyone here loves to pick on it now. I swear that Wednesday everyone was super excited. Then the Friday numbers came in talking about $100M OD and yall were all pissing on yourselves with excitment. Once it dropped, everyone turned on it all of a sudden. Now its the forum's punchline.

Amazing how box office can make people change their tunes so fast. If TA2 had kept that $100M OD and $220 OW, and blowing past 500, I don't see that much backlash happening.

Edited by Jandrew
  • Like 1

You mean *AOU-esque backlash, a month later. Everyone here loves to pick on it now. I swear that Wednesday everyone was super excited. Then the Friday numbers came in talking about $100M OD and yall were all pissing on yourselves with excitment. Once it dropped, everyone turned on it all of a sudden. Now its the forum's punchline.

Amazing how box office can make people change their tunes so fast. If TA2 had kept that $100M OD and $220 OW, and blowing past 500, I don't see that much backlash happening.

Age of Ultron is great, so far this year only Pitch Perfect 2 is better

Maybe but there still would have been quite a bit of complaints that the third act didn't live up to TA1. I seem to remember quite a few of the overseas members were already saying that kind of thing before the domestic box office came rolling in.

Wouldn't it be awesome if it increased slightly from saturday numbers? 

It'd be awesome if both Jurassic World and Inside Out increased from their initial estimates. 

Edited by Insidearcher
  • Like 1

I really don't even think the AoU backlash was that bad. Most people seemed to like it, it's just kinda forgettable in the context of the Marvel canon with a couple wtf subplot choices.

It just seems bad cuz the Marvelites who've been going on and on about how it would crush everything and be the best movie ever conveniently disappeared

Well I can't comment on AOU itself because I didn't care enough to see it, but I don't think BO really has much to do with people's perceptions of movies.  Afterall, reviews for AOU weren't as good as the first one.

Maybe but there still would have been quite a bit of complaints that the third act didn't live up to TA1. I seem to remember quite a few of the overseas members were already saying that kind of thing before the domestic box office came rolling in.

All I remember is on Friday afternoon, this whole forum, including me, was on cloud 9. By sunday evening, the tune had did a full 180. I remember that weekend clear as day. 

• Like 1

Grand Budapest is probably in my top 15 ;)

Oh no, how could you? 

Nah, I'm not gonna attack you for placing TGBH that low. My top 20 also consists of a lot of mainstream and popular blockbusters. Nothing wrong with that.  :)  ;)