#ED

Weekend Estimates: JW: 102 IO 91...RTH: Sun JW 38.3 | IO 25.3 with possible upsides PG 287, possible 107M for JW weekend

First of all stop using these psycho techniques to make others lose confidence. Secondly I know that 3D's to be considered, but still I don't trust BOM enough to believe that 68m would turn to 89m in the first place in just a decade (thats a 30% increase!) Still even if we believe that they opened equal, TDAT was still much more appealing to the audience. Even if people expected less, they just underestimated its appeal. For an original animated movie based on such an abstract concept to come out so big infront of a humongous movie with OW record and now also 2nd weekend record and also covering all the headlines, is definitely a bigger thing, although Shrek was pretty good too. As for it opening close to the original Pixar movies of a decade ago, I already said that the 'Pixar brand' is not held as high, not even close to it, as it was back then, in its prime.

Look mate, numbers are numbers, adjust them correctly with a fair 3d share and 2004's top 2 movies from that weekend of May together end up higher than this weekends. Two 100m earners in one weekend is simple more impressive. I don't know why you are tryng to argue this if, you disagree with it then you are disagreeing with simple math.

And let's not pretend IO is this complex story which is hard to sell, the trailers looked appealing and relatable to anyone

Edited by jessie

Inflation is a scary thing for sure. CPI calculator on the U.S. government website says $1 in 1987 was equal to $2 in 2012. That is scary as fuck to me. That means 25 years from now my cost of living will double. And then it will double again after another 25 years. I live pretty frugally but that means even a cheap existence 50 years from now would cost me over $100,000 per year.

The minimum wage is the problem. If it had increased at a rate equal to that of corporate revenue and profits over the last 50+ years our minimum wage would be $22 an hour now. Meanwhile Congress has voted to raise their own salaries several times in the past decade alone.

Ideally you'd want your wage to go up too.

Of course but I hope to retire early. Saving as much as I can each year and investing a lot of it. Hopefully by the time I retire it will be easy to withdraw a decent amount each year while still having the big nest egg invested to keep growing.

• Like 1

8TH UPDATE,

Monday, 8:34AM: Our sources this morning tell us that Universal’s Jurassic World crossed $400M yesterday with a cume of $403M-$404M. Universal hasn’t made it official yet. That makes JW the fastest to cross that mark ever at the domestic B.O., doing so in 10 days. It took 2012’s Disney Marvel’s Avengers 14 days. Sunday was just awesome thanks to Father’s Day when dads and sons take in action fare. Industry calculations show JW falling 2-3% from its $39.37M Saturday for a total of $38.2M-$38.6M. Weekend looks to be at $106.7M-$108.1M, which means that JW owns another record: Best second weekend ever, beating Avengers’ $103.05M haul. In addition, JW becomes the highest grossing title in the Jurassic Park franchise at the domestic B.O., beating the first installment which including its 3D re-release money made $402.45M. Even if Sunday dropped 5% from Saturday, JW‘s 10-day domestic cume is still past the $400M mark.

• Like 1